Clear Silat Video Clips!

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A buddy of mine who lives in Maryville, trained with Clear for a short while. Martial arts wasn't for him. :( Although, he spoke highly of Sigung Clear.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Dave and Terry glad you liked them. I personally am a pretty huge fan of functional Silat (minus the fluff) it fit's very nicely with my movment related to Arnis and Budo Taijutsu. They all just flow together without hampering each other.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Dave and Terry glad you liked them. I personally am a pretty huge fan of functional Silat (minus the fluff) it fit's very nicely with my movment related to Arnis and Budo Taijutsu. They all just flow together without hampering each other.

There seems to be many compatibilities between silat and budo taijutsu. He is also a teacher of Systema which also seems to be compatible in movement to budo taijutsu.

I certainly agree with you on the (minus the fluff). :cool:

ben

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I'm glad you like the videos. Also take a look at this introduction and explanation of how we approach things. It's geared more for those new to silat but you may enjoy it as well. I'm not sure why it isn't up on the website yet.

The arts do compliment each other well. I focus mostly on the silat program with some systema and a little of the tai chi thrown in when I have time and I find that whenever I focus on one of the three for a bit the other two have improved as well.

I also agree with you on the (minus the fluff). It's one of the things that drew me to Clear Silat.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Ben,

Welcome to MartialTalk and thanks for the link. I look forward to reading some of your feelings regarding Silat and other arts.
icon6.gif

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was looking through his site, seems as though he has learned arts that compliment one another.
Was thinking the same thing. On the second knife defense clip it looks similar to Wing Chun "Sticky Hands" ... something that could be effective but when working with a blade... you'd better be sharper than the knife.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing. On the second knife defense clip it looks similar to Wing Chun "Sticky Hands" ... something that could be effective but when working with a blade... you'd better be sharper than the knife.

That's true with any kind of knife figthing. :)

Latest Discussions