CIMA on east coast of US?

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
First post to this area of MAT. I actually have two questions but will create a second post for it.

I'm wondering if there are any Xingyi Sifu's on / near the eastern half of the US?
Thanks!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Several ... can you narrow down where in the Eastern half? It's kind of a lot of ground to generalize ...

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Several ... can you narrow down where in the Eastern half? It's kind of a lot of ground to generalize ...
Areas like TN, VA, NC, SC, KY, GA, etc

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I will be of little help there, I know the Northeast better, I leave the Southeast to Clfsean
Any options in ME or NH?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Areas like TN, VA, NC, SC, KY, GA, etc

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
That area is several states and hundreds of miles. There are places there that are a full day of driving away from each other. Can you narrow things down a bit?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That area is several states and hundreds of miles. There are places there that are a full day of driving away from each other. Can you barrow things down a bit?

I could, but just wanted to cast a wide net. I'm not opposed to a long drive if it's worth it. Not saying I'm going to learn/train in a CIMA...just curious about how they do things, etc. Especially the xingyi. It just sounds interesting.
I travel quite a bit too so perhaps I'll run into some Xingyi practitioners while out on business.
If I could narrow it down further I'd say southwestern VA, western NC, southern KY, northern GA, etc.
Thanks!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could, but just wanted to cast a wide net. I'm not opposed to a long drive if it's worth it. Not saying I'm going to learn/train in a CIMA...just curious about how they do things, etc. Especially the xingyi. It just sounds interesting.
I travel quite a bit too so perhaps I'll run into some Xingyi practitioners while out on business.
If I could narrow it down further I'd say southwestern VA, western NC, southern KY, northern GA, etc.
Thanks!
See... that region is a good 5 to 6 hours from the DC area. Probably like 10 to 12 from Boston or Florida. You may be comfortable with a long drive, but it's hard to train productively if you're looking at many hours of driving, even if you're just investigating and looking at an art.

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
See... that region is a good 5 to 6 hours from the DC area. Probably like 10 to 12 from Boston or Florida. You may be comfortable with a long drive, but it's hard to train productively if you're looking at many hours of driving, even if you're just investigating and looking at an art.

Yeah DC and northern VA isn't bad...about 5 hrs.

Latest Discussions