Chum Kiu (Taolu) Question Regarding Differences Between Styles

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Wing Chun Chum Kiu form and the versions found in other Southern Chinese Martial Arts, such as Hung Ga?

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Other styles require the practitioner to turn invisible so people can't see them doing the form

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Wing Chun Chum Kiu form and the versions found in other Southern Chinese Martial Arts, such as Hung Ga?
Which specific Southern style form would you like to compare to Chum Kiu? For example, most Hung Ga curriculum have around 10 open hand forms.

OP
A

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
Bridge Hand Capture.JPG

I saw this on the Plum Publishing site. Is it possible this "Bridge Hand" is a practice in just one small lineage of Hung Ga? I have not been able to find information on it through numerous forums.

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
View attachment 30734

I saw this on the Plum Publishing site. Is it possible this "Bridge Hand" is a practice in just one small lineage of Hung Ga? I have not been able to find information on it through numerous forums.
Traditionally, “Bridge Hand” in Hung Ga can refer to any of the common 12 bridge techniques that are found throughout several forms, each with a different shape and purpose. Hung Ga's bridge work is referred to as The Twelve Bridges.

Attachments

• hung-ga-twelve-bridges.jpeg
    hung-ga-twelve-bridges.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 8

Latest Discussions