Chuck Norris does Chuck Norris facts

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the local radio stations has started running a series of "commercials" called What Would Chuck Norris Do? Situations have included Bush agonizing over his dropping popularity, and an employee who feels he's underappreciated in his job. Of course, for every situation, Chuck says, "Hmmm, looks like a 360 roundhouse kick to the face would do the trick..." So Bush kicks his wife, and the employee kicks his boss (only to get fired)... Funny stuff...

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's funny. i have to admit i rather like chuck norris. he's been in some terrible movies and shows, plus he'll endorse just about anything, but you watch him in an interview or read one of his books and he feels like a really cool, down to earth dude. plus i guess in the day he was the real deal.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
that's funny. i have to admit i rather like chuck norris. he's been in some terrible movies and shows, plus he'll endorse just about anything, but you watch him in an interview or read one of his books and he feels like a really cool, down to earth dude. plus i guess in the day he was the real deal.

I rather like chuck as well; he has done a lot for kids. And as much as it pains me to admit it I have read one of his books.

And of course there is the work he has done for the spinning back kick

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That situation was very ironic. Chuck Norris played this invincible character in all of his movies. Now we see the "real" Chuck Norris reading these "facts" that were obviously created to poke fun at the invincibility of his characters. I often wonder if this whole thing isn't some sort of counter movement against the 1970s and 80s action hero genre.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought his book was decent and he has been in some entertaining movies (and some not so great :0) ).

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
God help me, but I like Chuck Norris as well. As much as I didn't want to because of some of the cheesy parts he has played. I have seen some interviews, and darn it all, he just seems like a nice guy. Somebody who you could have over for a beer and B-B-Q. :idunno:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't really like the majority of the things he's in, but I have to admit he seems like a really nice guy.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
That situation was very ironic. Chuck Norris played this invincible character in all of his movies. Now we see the "real" Chuck Norris reading these "facts" that were obviously created to poke fun at the invincibility of his characters. I often wonder if this whole thing isn't some sort of counter movement against the 1970s and 80s action hero genre.
I think there's unarguably an irony in the "facts" but from what I've seen of some of the original writers of the "Chuck Norris Facts", although they're poking fun at the characters, there is I feel, a certain reverence in them for Chuck as a person. What do you think?

Despite my own religious beliefs not perhaps aligning to Chuck's steadfast Christianity, I have to say I'm a fan of the man's integrity in his art and am grateful for his body of movie and small-screen work which has brought many a soul to martial arts in one form or another.

And remember - There is no chin under Chuck Norris' beard. Only another FIST! Sorry... couldn't resist.

Respects!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Poor chuck he is a true living legend and everytime I personalily meet him he has always been nice and a gentlemen, by the way the one about the trademark for Law and Order was my favorite one.
terry

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, I enjoy his movies. He really is trying to set the examples and be a good role model for other to follow.

We need more people like him........Aloha

Latest Discussions