Christmas Present

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I gots me one of them there Balisongs for Christmas. It's not the best quality; but, it oiled nicely and moves smooth and quick.

Besides balisong.com, are there any other recommended sites for opening/closing/aerial, etc techniques?

Thanks, all

Attachments

• $balisong.jpg
    $balisong.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 156
OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah...I bought it for me :) With some Christmas cash, I bought a nice, hefty 6 ft bo and had enough left over for the balisong :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
Yeah...I bought it for me :) With some Christmas cash, I bought a nice, hefty 6 ft bo and had enough left over for the balisong :)

Now that's cool x 2. :ultracool

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it's your first bali, or if you're practicing some of the openings where you hold the "live handle," I would recommend using a stone to dull the edge, and then put a strip of duct-tape or electric-tape over the edge to help reduce the number of times you get cut...because you WILL get cut. :D
I have a cheapie, set up like I just described, for practice so I can keep my nice ones sharp.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice gift to yourself, Egg! I hope you enjoy it.

... If you don't reply I'll know you've accidentally amputated yourself.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about technique, but a good friend of mine is a knife dealer, and he usually has a selection of high quality balisong and other knives. His website is EDCKNIVES.COM. His stuff isn't cheap (by my standards) but the quality is very high.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are also a number of good books on the market on opening the balisong

Nice looking for a pratice knife

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Imada has two good instructional books out on the Balisong. I believe there is a video/DVD by him also. Good luck, and that was great advice offered regarding the duct tape. That's how I learned with a minimum of self induced lacerations, long ago. Happy New Year!

-Garry

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked myself up a karambit to play with while in Phoenix this past weekend. A belated Xmas present to myself!

Latest Discussions