Choosing teachers

How do we provide second level teachers. I think this is why we lose so mny 18 year olds on the sport side. I think this is the time many instructors can give back by helping many of these kids who just don't have the money.

How do we provide second level teachers. I think this is why we lose so mny 18 year olds on the sport side. I think this is the time many instructors can give back by helping many of these kids who just don't have the money.

There is a plan for that, focusing on the development of more 1.5 level coaches, which hopefully leads to the development of second level teachers and coaches. :)

As for money, where there is a will there is a way. Sell t-shirts, do car washes, or otherwise fund raise. Some schools have year around fund raising activities for their competition teams. Back in the USTU days, donors could write checks earmarked for a certain competitor and get a deduction for their troubles. The USTU would in turn write a check to the individual athlete. If the state association is a 501(c)3, then the donor could write a check to the state association, instead of USTU. This way, grandma, or grandpa or uncle/aunt or family friends or businesses can make tax deductible donations to the athlete. I don't know if USAT provides this type of service for its athletes or not.

They did have that service but no right minded person would give that $ to the USAT. Probably would not get it back. State association maybe if you had a comfort level with the president.

They did have that service but no right minded person would give that $ to the USAT. Probably would not get it back. State association maybe if you had a comfort level with the president.

that has to be priority number one for the new administration, gaining the trust of the membership. In my opinion, that is better achieved by giving hope to the membership, rather than constantly criticizing both USAT and USTU's administration. All that does is turn people off by keeping that bitter taste in their mouths. In order to move forward we have to look forward.

Agreed looking forward is the best option always. You must always be mindful of the past to make sure you don't repeat it.

Latest Discussions

Back