Carwin supports Lesnar, says the champ should keep his belt

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-17-2009 02:35 PM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-48322583-1258482758.jpg
The man who was set to fight Brock Lesnar this weekend has spoken out in support of his ill enemy. UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin, whose match with Brock Lesnar has been postponed indefinitely due to Lesnar's illness, posted a message to the popular MMA internet message board, the Underground.

I am sure most of you know I am not the leader of the Lesnar Fan Club. That being said, antics or not, he is OUR UFC HWT Champion. He beat a future Hall of Famer to keep that belt and he NEEDS our prayers and good thoughts right now ... Brock has a wife, kid, and friends that depend on him to make their lives better. You do not have to support Brock and his antics but you should have respect for the human side of what is happening here.

Carwin went on to say that Lesnar shouldn't lose his championship belt because of sickness.

Talk of stripping a man of his title due to illness will set this sport back farther then anything Brock has ever said. We need our Champions healthy and defending. I know the show will go on but to be a Champion you must beat a Champion ... If you sit around bashing Brock or making fun of this because of his antics you might be the very same thing you despise. As an MMA fan, as a human be concerned that one of OUR OWN has fallen and needs our support.

Outside of Lesnar and his camp, Carwin has the most to lose from Lesnar being away from the sport. Carwin was training for a title shot when Lesnar pulled out of their planned bout. He now sits in limbo, waiting to see if Lesnar's health improves enough to fight or if he will have to take another fight in the meantime.

Thanks, Fighters Only

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions