Aldo supporting his family, can handle the heat

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-17-2009 05:25 PM:

Jose Aldo Jr. much like other Brazilian fighter is living the dream fighting in America. Born into poverty in the Amazon, Aldo is thrilled to be making a living as a full-time fighter. During WEC 44 workout day, when the subject turned to his family, Aldo got emotional (5:38 mark).

"For everything that happen to me back in the days. For now it's a dream come true. I can't describe the possibilty to help my parents, my sisters and the community. It's a dream come true."

Just 23-years-old, Aldo has been through it all. That includes being tossed into a barbecue pit as a toddler. No, it wasn't some sort of torture. Aldo was in a playpen near a barbecue as a child when his older sisters, also under 10, decided it would be fun to flip their little bro into the fire. Aldo suffered minor injuries but it did leave a sizable scar on the left side of his face.

Aldo had a difficult childhood. He began working along with his father on construction sites at six years old. The rough upbringing has led him to the brink of a world title with WEC. He challenges Mike Brown for the 145 pound title tomorrow night in Las Vegas.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions