Capoeira

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I know that there used to be a Capoiera school in Largo, you may want to check the Pinellas County phone book. No matter who you choose in Florida, thoroughly check their credentials. There are a great deal of frauds centeredin Hillsboro and Pinellas counties, and I am speaking from experience.

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I know this sounds bad, but, I have never seen anyone in capoeira that could actually apply that style in a real fight.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In fairness, many don't try--they view it as more of a martial sport or martial performance art.

Many do consider it a combative system, however.

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone who says that about TKD is not very smart. I have seen countless vids and real life matches where people get knocked out by TKD kicks. It is hard to belive everyone hasnt seen something like that with all the stuff online about TKD.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Every art has its share of 'artists' and its share of 'fighters'. Its just a few are well known, while others arent.

See the schools listing here (top right corner of each page) for some links to Capoeira sites. :)

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeLamar.J
Anyone who says that about TKD is not very smart. I have seen countless vids and real life matches where people get knocked out by TKD kicks. It is hard to belive everyone hasnt seen something like that with all the stuff online about TKD.
Thank you, I was just being facetious in my previous post. And yes, it's good to see that someone else appreciates my Art. If need be, it can be very effective.. :asian:

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I know TKD is very effective because I have seen it many times and used it many times. But I have never seen anything but a bunch of attension craving show boats doing that brazilian monkey dance. I bet there are a few grand masters out there who are very skilled but the majority of what I have seen is just showboating with no chance of using it in a fight.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeLamar.J
Anyone who says that about TKD is not very smart.

Not smart? This seems a bit strong.

I have seen effective TKD schools and ineffective TKD schools. The same is true of most arts, unless the head person is keeping very tight control on a relatively rare system.

Latest Discussions