Can we over come the Olympics

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The nice about Taekwondo, and something that sets it apart from other arts, is that it can change. Whether as a collective group (Kukkiwon), organizations (Kwans), or schools, we can analyze Taekwondo, decide what is good and bad, and act accordingly.
I think within a few years, the Kukkiwon will weaken and the Kwans will reassert themselves. You will then see some major changes in Taekwondo's focus.

I believe you are right

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The nice about Taekwondo, and something that sets it apart from other arts, is that it can change. Whether as a collective group (Kukkiwon), organizations (Kwans), or schools, we can analyze Taekwondo, decide what is good and bad, and act accordingly.
I think within a few years, the Kukkiwon will weaken and the Kwans will reassert themselves. You will then see some major changes in Taekwondo's focus.

Double Ditto! :highfive:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From reading every post on this thread (except for the one with the sarcastic laundry list of TKD firsts) It's obvious we ALL are VERY passionate about "OUR" beloved TAEKWONDO (Yeah baby! :highfive:) So please remember the one thing we ALL have in common is our love for the ART and the SPORT- and in my opinion, The passion we feel for TKD should unite us.(Despite our individual opinions) I fell in love with the ART Loooooong before it became an Olympic sport. As far as it remaining an Olympic event--I can take it, or leave it. I tell my students, as practitioners, we are fortunate to be a part of TKD's history- and that each of them bring their God given talent and uniqueness to the Art. I am about passing along and promoting the ART and the TRADITION first, the sport second. For one day... all of us who teach will depart form the earth . We owe it to TKDst yet to be born- to help keep it the most widely practiced martial art in the world. "So shall it be written...So shall it be done"
Probably one of the best posts in this thread. I had to rep you! Of course with that last sentence, I'm picturing Yul Brynner in a dobok overseeing class with his assistant master, Vincent Price.:D

Daniel

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably one of the best posts in this thread. I had to rep you! Of course with that last sentence, I'm picturing Yul Brynner in a dobok overseeing class with his assistant master, Vincent Price.:D

Daniel

LOL- The last quote just popped out!

Thanks Celtic Tiger :asian:

Latest Discussions