Can we achieve Remy's skill?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
I couldn't FIND any good clothes back then.

I remember both Kennedys...Martin Luther King, too.

I also remember listening to The Captain and Tenille's "Muskrat Love" on Top 40 radio, HATING it, and then finding the tune stuck in my brain. It was awful. I still get nauseous thinking about it.

Steve

Dang IT Scott, Now that song is in my head! :mad:

:D

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
More for you...I think these are the titles...at the very least they're the chorus that rings forever in the cerebellum:

"Billy Don't Be a Hero"

"The Boys Are Back in Town"

Awful, isn't it?

Combine this with Disco, patchwork quilt bell bottom jeans (like the ones I bought the day Elvis died) and "Afros" and its no wonder crime was four times higher than it is today.

You're too young to remember this stuff, Rich...though you've no doubt heard it on the "Oldies" stations.

Note that "Oldies" are now the eighties songs.

Steve

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
More for you...I think these are the titles...at the very least they're the chorus that rings forever in the cerebellum:

"Billy Don't Be a Hero"

"The Boys Are Back in Town"

Awful, isn't it?

Combine this with Disco, patchwork quilt bell bottom jeans (like the ones I bought the day Elvis died) and "Afros" and its no wonder crime was four times higher than it is today.

You're too young to remember this stuff, Rich...though you've no doubt heard it on the "Oldies" stations.

Note that "Oldies" are now the eighties songs.

Steve

Scott,

You may be surprised what I rememebr from being young Lad in the late 60's and early 70's. I remember watching on the TV teh fighting Saigon, and the pull out. '73 I believe it was. I would have been 6 going on 7. My mom was upset I was watching this and turned the TV off. I also had a crush on an older neighbor girl, who would have been in her teens during the disco era. ;) I saw lots of those clothes. I even Remember when Gemini Dream was released by the Moody Blues :D.

Just a geek form the beginning I guess :rofl:

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marsha Brady probably marked you for life.

Rich, Dan...feel free to use my FIRST name. I'm one of those guys cursed with a first and last name that are both first names. People get them confused all of the time. First name "Steve", last name "Scott". Expletives often interjected prior to usage of either.

When growing up I thought my whole name was #$%@^* Steve. That was my mother's fault. My first grade teacher was somewhat taken aback when I told her that was my name. Got a note pinned to my shirt that day.

Steve

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Time to split this thread and name it either

"The Wonder Years"

"Time-Life presents The 70's"

Or

"That 70's Show"