Camping Comes Out ... Math Error... AGAIN!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think this guy should turn his data over to the folks at MIT ... maybe THEY will get the math correct because obviously he can't add 1+1.
By GARANCE BURKE, Associated Press – Tue May 24, 3:56 am ET
OAKLAND, Calif. – A California preacher who foretold of the world's end only to see the appointed day pass with no extraordinarily cataclysmic event has revised his apocalyptic prophecy, saying he was off by five months and the Earth actually will be obliterated on Oct. 21.
Harold Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven Saturday before catastrophe struck the planet, apologized Monday evening for not having the dates "worked out as accurately as I could have."
He spoke to the media at the Oakland headquarters of his Family Radio International, which spent millions of dollars_ some of it from donations made by followers — on more than 5,000 billboards and 20 RVs plastered with the Judgment Day message.
It was not the first time Camping was forced to explain when his prediction didn't come to pass. The 89-year-old retired civil engineer also prophesied the Apocalypse would come in 1994, but said later that didn't happen then because of a mathematical error.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_on_re_us/us_apocalypse_saturday

This is from one of the guys operating the teleprompter from the video interview.
"I thought he would show some more human decency in admitting he made a mistake," he said Monday. "We didn't really see that."

Of course he's not going to admit he made a mistake because then he'd be held liable and have to give back all that money.

He needs to go back to the Shady Oaks Retirement home and stick to shuffleboard.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Any fool can say anything they believe to be true about predictions.

Its the fools who buy into and do stupid things that are the true fools

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, the man's 89. If he keeps pushing it back a few months at a time, he's bound to be right eventually, at least in terms of it being the end of the world for him...

Latest Discussions