California Gracie Barra Question

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
As some know I've got a plan to start training in BJJ next year when I am assigned post at Fort Irwin, California. I'm planning on training at a Gracie Barra school in either San Diego or Chino Hills (where I will freqent on the weekends). Does Gracie Barra follow most Gracie schools in that one can train at any of their other schools anywhere in the country as stated in the linked thread?

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes.
I train in Encinitas with Nelson Monteiro, and we have had people from other Gracie Barra schools across the country come visit us for vacations and work deals. We have also had our students do the same in other states..

In San Diego you have Gracie Barra schools in Poway, Escondido, Encinitas, Oceanside, and Del Mar, I know all the instructors and would be absolutely shocked if they did not follow this format..

Now if you are talking long term, or longer then a week or so, I am sure you will have to change your billing to the new location.. but I am only guessing on that one.

OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes.
I train in Encinitas with Nelson Monteiro, and we have had people from other Gracie Barra schools across the country come visit us for vacations and work deals. We have also had our students do the same in other states..

In San Diego you have Gracie Barra schools in Poway, Escondido, Encinitas, Oceanside, and Del Mar, I know all the instructors and would be absolutely shocked if they did not follow this format..

Now if you are talking long term, or longer then a week or so, I am sure you will have to change your billing to the new location.. but I am only guessing on that one.

I plan to train in both Chino and San Diego, akternating every other weekend as there are no jiujitsu program close to my post in Fort Irwin.

Latest Discussions