Cadenas de mano

RevDogo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am starting my next phase of training. Phase 2 begins with an intro to Cadenas.
What do you think of training Cadenas and who puts out a good dvd
study of CDM?

Thank you for any info.
Angel

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Is this Max Sarmiento's Cadena de Mano or some or group or individual? Not that I am at all knowledgeable about it, I am just curious.

thanks,

OP
R

RevDogo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Guro David Seiwert of Dynamic Fighting Arts developed Kali Kuntaw phases in order to teach FMA.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Guro David Seiwert of Dynamic Fighting Arts developed Kali Kuntaw phases in order to teach FMA.

I checked out the DFA website and watched some of the videos. The quality of the movement is very, very different than the Eskrima I practice, so it's hard to give an answer. My foundation is in Latosa Escrima. Rene Latosa trained Cadena de Mano with Maximo Sarmiento, and further devloped it over a long career. He technique is simple, direct and powerful without withdrawing energy like much of what I saw in the videoclips. My current instructor in Torres Eskrima (DTE) also favors short, direct movement with emphasis on forward energy combined with subtle angling (off-lining).

Perhaps you could elaborate a little about the "Cadenas" your instructor teaches. I suspect that it is quite different from the Cadena de Mano I have in mind.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The cool thing about FMA is that there is alot of empty hand techniques out there, so enjoy!

Latest Discussions