Bullshido.net, are they all *******s over there?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OULobo said:
Consequently, the reason why many cultures frown upon "foul language" is that it is a sign of lack of ability to articulate your ideas without resorting to slang and offensive remarks. I have been to the Bullshido and I will say that I love some of the video clips (some as reality checks and some as just entertainment) and humorous articles. Like all fora I've been to Bullshido is a collection of likeminded individuals, but Bullshido is a little more emphatic, outspoken and possibly militant about their beliefs. Good or bad I just don't agree with all they say, so I haven't been back since.

If you have the time...how about linking us to some of the video clips that you liked (none that are too offensive, of course. ;) )

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've been a member at Bullshido for quite some time.

When I first came to MT, I thought this place was nothing more than a Kenpo playground, insular and full of Arnis wannabes... I left and didn't come back for quite some time. When I did come back, I found that it wasn't so bad a place after all, got to know some folks, made a few friends.

When I first went to Bullshido, I thought they were a crass group of MMA knuckleheads, far too full of their own perceived greatness to see any "real" truth, even if it bit them in the backside. Then I started posting, found it wasn't such a bad place after all, got to know some folks, and made a few friends.

Now, when I want to go someplace where effectiveness, application, and realism are the standard, I go to Bullshido. Sure, it can get rowdy. Most of the people there know each other pretty well, and that is where a lot of the ****talking stems from - long standing friendships. Certainly there are times when someone gets flamed by the lot, but that is usually because they stepped on a verbal landmine and laid claim to skills or abilities beyond that of normal men, or tried to make others believe that their minimall dojo was actually the training ground of super deadly cyberninjas.

You have to love one thing, though - over there you either can or you can't. Period. Ultimately that should be the real litmus test of martial arts, not belts, titles, trophies nor certificates of "honorary" recognition...

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
satans.barber said:
I was slammed on there the other day by people who've never even met me (and judging the level of intellect displayed over there I felt no need to sign up and argue with them), they just seem like a load of disrespectful, immature keyboard warriors to me.

Ian.
Fine, but complain about it there, not here.

Thanks,
-Michael
-MT Mod

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phrost said:
I'd imagine you know just as many as I do, unless you were homeschooled.
My son is homeschooled, but I let him watch George Carlin on HBO to even things out. I suspect he knows more foul words than any of you.

OP
S

Shinzu

Michael Billings said:

Thanks,
-Michael
-MT Mod

agreed. please do not start bashing others or the board(s) they belong to. this leads to nothing but petty arguments. if they choose to post there then so be it. if you choose not to then so be it also. let's not start any board wars. it reflects on us in a negitive way, and that is truly poor for MA's with such good intentions.

let's be done now.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I visit Bullshido but do not live there. Posted some and have enjoyed myself. I have to admit sometimes it is 'fun' to let the meathead within escape and call a jerk a jerk (or worse). I have gone to one of their throwdowns and enjoyed myself and was able to make some real life friends. If it is not your speed don't go.

See you on the mat soon
Friends
Brian King

OP
S

Spud

If you don’t like the tone, don’t visit the site. Griping about another site could be considered poor form.

I enjoy Bullshido as well as MT. edit (The Moon's of Jupiter thread is classic)

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
qizmoduis said:
It's definitely not for the easily offended, but for the most part, they seem to be great people. Phrost here is one of the tame ones. %-}

Finally, don't you think that complaining about cursing on a site called Bullshi-do is a little silly?
Yes I do!

Of interest though, is how to effectively express your feelings, and bust frauds, without cursing or threats. We have had to suspend several members at different times for "breaking" the rules. No threats will be tolerated seems to have sunk in now, and our filters take care of most curse words, although you can always figure them out in context. I personally reserve my cursing to suprising sharp edges (when I bang into them), or driving. It is much more effective for me not to curse generally, because then when I do, it has much more of an impact.

-Michael

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phrost said:
Yes, we are all *******s over there.

If this upsets your delicate sensibilities, then you're probably not the type of member we'd want anyway.

You can't get at the truth if you're too busy worrying about offending those you're going after. Especially considering how those most guilty for espousing BS in the martial arts tend to hide behind such sensibilities. (Never question the Sensei, even if he's talking about taking you to the moons of jupiter or his service as an Army Seal.)

Some people can't handle full contact training, much less full contact discussion.
Well, I just joined Bullshido. :asian: I haven't looked at any threads yet but, you'll know its me when people get really ticked off. :uhyeah:
Sean

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Spud said:
If you don’t like the tone, don’t visit the site. Griping about another site could be considered poor form.

I enjoy Bullshido as well as MT. edit (The Moon's of Jupiter thread is classic)

I saw that one. Pretty funny. The link to matbattle.com was quite disturbing.

OP
S

Spud

I avoided matbattle.com sounded unsafe for work....

OP
S

superdave

Phrost said:
Yes, we are all *******s over there.

If this upsets your delicate sensibilities, then you're probably not the type of member we'd want anyway.

You can't get at the truth if you're too busy worrying about offending those you're going after. Especially considering how those most guilty for espousing BS in the martial arts tend to hide behind such sensibilities. (Never question the Sensei, even if he's talking about taking you to the moons of jupiter or his service as an Army Seal.)

Some people can't handle full contact training, much less full contact discussion.

No, my sensibilities are just fine. I won't lose any sleep over the membership issue, either. Exposing fraud and BS is fine I don't have a problem with that.
But, when the average response over there is STFU Noob!, or the person's family members are brought into the discussion, or their mother is called a whore, or the person's intellect is questioned because they don't agree with everyone else, your members lose credibility. If a person is making huge claims and can't back them up, fine they're fair game. Just don't trash some poor kid be cause he or she asks a question.

I should have said that some of the members are *******s, as there are a few people who do have something to add to the discussions over there. For labeling everyone an *******, I am sorry.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:

Thanks,
-Michael
-MT Mod

What are people allowed to talk about in this thread if not their experiences of the Bullshido forum then?

Ian.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, ya know if it is a specific thing, it may be appropriate. I have fought with myself all week about just locking this thread. Then decided I did not want to be the censor police, just try to redirect it, as Kaith is doing to some extent.

What do you want to talk about? An experience, or someone being an *******? Which of course flavors the whole forum.

Have at it, within reason.

-Michael

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess its not so bad over there. No one has really jumped my case yet, and what fun is that? I'll keep trying :popcorn:
Sean :wink2:

OP
M

miguksaram

satans.barber said:
I was slammed on there the other day by people who've never even met me (and judging the level of intellect displayed over there I felt no need to sign up and argue with them), they just seem like a load of disrespectful, immature keyboard warriors to me.

Ian.

Hello, to all. I am one of the moderators at Bullshido.com, that's www.bullshido.com (Damn I love free plugs) anyway, what exactly where you slammed for?

Secondly, not that Phrost needs to be defended, nor the board for that matter, however, I noticed how you all just picked up on a couple of the flames/debates held over there. How about you the fact that we have been able to oust BS instructors with claims to SEALS and other bogus SOCOM. How about the fact that we don't just make judgements about schools, but actually send someone over to the school for first hand knowledge. We have a whole Forum dedicated to nothing but history of the arts where we discuss, with facts, actual martial art history and not spoon fed crap that many have just taken.

No, many of us don't have our Sunday-go-to-church manners, but why should it matter? We are there to discuss martial arts and poke fun at things we think are ridiculous. Yes we do make challanges to other schools and to each other. If a school whips the challanger we are the first to admit it and give them respect. We have throwdowns where we get together and put the proof in the pudding. What does it net us? Nothing but stronger brotherhood and sisterhood in the arts. How many of you can say you have met and trained with one another? We have a wide variety of both "MMA" and "Traditionalists" on that list. My fellow mods and I aren't butt slapping each other and high fiving each other because Phrost didn't put us there to be *** pirates to each other. He put us there because we are diversified enough that we will bring different opinoins to the table.

So for the person who started this crappy thread, do yourself a favor and get all the facts prior to opening your mouth and placing in your foot. You don't know squat about us and the bottom line is that you have the God given right to just ignore us and move on with your life.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Be careful in lumping everyone in generically. Many individuals in this thread were complimentary of your board. We could of course also make blanket statements like "Well I am a member there. So I just posted my reply to that thread. What a bunch of jerk-offs." but, that would be childish, now wouldn't it?

Those who like your prefered way, will gravitate to you. Those who don't won't. There are 3 Billion people online... 3,000 here, 5,000 there, some overlap and a whole lot that have yet to discover either.

A search there for martialtalk reveals a rather interesting attitude. Course, that attitude seems to be similar towards other boards, such as MAP for example. 'Sin Banning', what a concept.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and not make generic blanket statements about people you know nothing about? The person who started this thread is as entitled to his/her opinion as you are to yours. I happen to agree with both...and neither.

For another shameless plug, these 'special-eds' often get together and prove their martial skills to each other in the infamous McThrowdown. While I'm not certain if McDonalds is going to send a certain clown into battle, you can find more information on the other clowns there in their forums.

OP
P

Phrost

superdave said:
No, my sensibilities are just fine. I won't lose any sleep over the membership issue, either. Exposing fraud and BS is fine I don't have a problem with that.
But, when the average response over there is STFU Noob!, or the person's family members are brought into the discussion, or their mother is called a whore, or the person's intellect is questioned because they don't agree with everyone else, your members lose credibility. If a person is making huge claims and can't back them up, fine they're fair game. Just don't trash some poor kid be cause he or she asks a question.

I should have said that some of the members are *******s, as there are a few people who do have something to add to the discussions over there. For labeling everyone an *******, I am sorry.
The "STFU Noob" is an inside joke, targeted at a certain MMA forum with members who actually, sincerely feel their post count validates their ideas.

There are a few peoeple who occasionally go a bit too far, but generally if someone isn't contributing anything but smartarse comments, they're not taken seriously.

Latest Discussions