Bujikan Dojo questions.

ScholarsInk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a Bujinkan member, but I fully admit that there are many of us that are really, really bad and have overinflated ego along with it that makes them think they're "teh r34lz". The people I train with are really good and I'm lucky to have access.

As for TKD, I pointed out that I'm sure there are good places, but all the ones I've visited have been McDojangs. I would not recommend the art to someone because chances are he/she would end up at such a one.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a Bujinkan member, but I fully admit that there are many of us that are really, really bad and have overinflated ego along with it that makes them think they're "teh r34lz". The people I train with are really good and I'm lucky to have access.

I'm gonna agree with this. I've been to a number of schools and seen a lot of stuff good and bad... There are a lot of people out there who think the perfection of Kata is the end all be all of the Bujinkan, and a lot of people critiquing others who claim people are all wrong because "your arm is at 45 and 2/3 degrees, not 45!" or "Your rear foot was 2 degrees off from center" or "Your hand is 3 inches too low on your arm for PROPER Ichimonji" but have no concept of things along the line of "If you occupy that space for that long if that punch is actually fake, the second swing is gonna connect because you are right in line with it" or "a modern jab is a perfect setup for that double-pump, so you have to have it covered regardless of whether it is a jab, a fake, or a swing"

Maybe I'm wrong and that extra 1 degree on that 45 is the magic shield I have been missing, but *I* think understanding the concepts of the kata and the dynamic of the fight is probably more important than executing Hoteki with your hand JUST SO.

Maybe not so much if one intends to teach, then perhaps both are of equal importance. *shrug*

I dunno. Ignore me.

Latest Discussions