Buffalo BJJ moving to New Location!

Dmitri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Buffalo BJJ Academy has outgrown it's old home at Bill Adams' on Transit Rd and is moving to West Seneca. Classes start April 1st at the new location.

The new academy is located on the corner of Clinton Street and French Lea near Union Rd, close to the 400 and I-90.

Classes will include BJJ, Submission Grappling, Mixed Martial Arts and Kids BJJ Classes. 2000 square feet of mat space and a cage to follow.

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
Congratulations on your expansion. You must be seeing quite a bit of success to outgrow an 11,000 sqr ft facility. I suppose however that the cage might not have fit with the decor at Bill Adams.

I am somewhat familiar with the area however I cannot picture the location. Are you on the gas station side of Union, or the car lot side near the photo studio and tatoo parlor?

OP
D

Dmitri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. Bill Adams' Martial Arts & Fitness Center is a great facility. I don't know if it is 11,000 sqft or not but there are many programs offered there and several classes run simultaneously.

The BJJ class has definitely grown exponentially over the last year with the average class size being 20+ students.

The new location will offer the ability to have classes at different times and for different skill levels. Judo will also be available.

The school is on Clinton between Union and Transit Rd but closer to Union. Stop in after April 1st and see for yourself.

OP
D

Dmitri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Escrima Arnis classes will also be available and taught by Dr. Jerome Barber.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, Jerome and Chuck are a good combination, and it's good to hear the club is expanding, but, did you need to make a bunch of posts all over the site about it? Seriouslly, neither of them are thought of that highly dude.

OP
D

Dmitri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Martial Talk is a huge website. I made a post about it in the Filipino Martial Arts forum but it was removed. I thought it was relevant to that forum but it must not be. Perhaps it was because it was an announcement?

That is why I posted it in the Announcements forum and the other forum regarding campsm classes, seminars, etc. Isn't the whole purpose of Martial talk to share and exchange information? Did I do something wrong.

I'm not personally familiar with Dr. Barber but I happen to know that Chuck Anzalone is regarded as the areas best BJJ instructor. I'm aware that some of his competitors aren't fans but his business success and the martial prowess of his students speak for itself.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The thread was removed (moved actually) from the FMA forum as it looked to be more of an ad than an announcement. Rest of the spots are ok, and the WNY forum (here) runs a little differently than the rest of the site being a hosted area run by me for all of WNY.

There are some issues between some folks and both Doctor Barber and Mr. Anzalone that fit the "personal" area, IMO. I'm in that "has issues with them/they have issues with me" group as well I think. (Nothing we need to rehash here, however.)

That said, I've nothing negative to say about either's martial arts abilities or backgrounds. Doctor Barber has run a successful college program for decades and I always did enjoy chatting with him over coffee. I also don't believe I ever heard/read anyone credible slight Chuck's abilities on the mat. To me, seeing another school open with solid material and seeing the arts spread in WNY, is a good thing.

So best of luck to the school and everyone involved.

OP
D

Dmitri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot, I'm still learning my way around here.

Latest Discussions