Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sin said:
Yeah, I was just saying....Anyways, all of Chuck Norris's Stuff lately has been kinda bland.

Conan O'Brien spiced up Walker Texas ranger considerably. Pull that lever!

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sin said:
have you or have you not seen the actual movie this is from...Norris gets owned...

That's because chuck was in his pre-beard era.....plus it was a film.

Has anyone noticed how similar chucks beard is to jesus's?whoa....could it be the second coming of Christ has already happened...wow that would explain alot of things..hmmmmmmmm

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Corporal Hicks said:
With a beard, nothing shall stand in your way!!!!!!
:mp5:

The way of beard is truly a martial art in it self,I have but a fair donkey beard now,soon with much training I shall one day grow a beard with the strength of ox's hide,fear my beard they will!

DArnold

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Actually there is a very important lesson in this fight.

PREDICTABILITY IS BAD

You must be able to fight more than one way, if I know what you are going to do (or you only have one way to fight) then you are easily defeated. This is true in all aspects: techniques, timing, stances, distancing...

In the beginning Chuck is fighting standard TKD, so Bruce tries to match his style.
Bruce starts getting his butt kicked.
So then Bruce has a gestalt and realizes that he is not a TKD fighter.
He changes to JKD and starts kicking Chuck's butt.
Chuck realizes TKD is not working so he tries to fight JKD, of which he knows nothing about and then gets killed.

Moral, if you only have one way to fight then you are predictable and will probably loose.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
DArnold said:

PREDICTABILITY IS BAD

You must be able to fight more than one way, if I know what you are going to do (or you only have one way to fight) then you are easily defeated. This is true in all aspects: techniques, timing, stances, distancing...

In the beginning Chuck is fighting standard TKD, so Bruce tries to match his style.
Chuck realizes TKD is not working so he tries to fight JKD, of which he knows nothing about and then gets killed.

Moral, if you only have one way to fight then you are predictable and will probably loose.

.......................................Danorld...its a film....but yeah what you said is true.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
DArnold said:

It was deliberately written to present this lesson. When given free reign, Bruce always tried to impart his own philosophy on the martial arts into his films.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
DArnold said:

PREDICTABILITY IS BAD

Moral, if you only have one way to fight then you are predictable and will probably lose.

Umm, pardon my ignorance if its showing but wasn't/isn't Norris a Karate guy not TKD?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I heard that when Superman goes to bed at night, he wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

DArnold

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Umm, pardon my ignorance if its showing but wasn't/isn't Norris a Karate guy not TKD?

AHH, sorry, me bad.

Norris was in the Air Force and while in Korea he studied Tang Soo Do.

If you know the history of the martial arts in the United States, back in the 60's and 70's there was no such thing as a Taekwon-Do, Shotakan, Aikido... studios.

And back then the only word that these round-eyes understood was KARATE. So reguardless of the style almost every martial arts studio had a sign out front that said KARATE.

Then in the 80's you started to see all the signs change to Taekwon-do/Karate - Kung Foo/Karate - Judo/Karate. Thus trying to make the connection of their name to a martial art.

Tang Soo Do, Hap Ki Do, Tae Kwan Do...
all the sister Kwans from Korea are very similar.

They all have most of their roots from Japan as that is where the Korean Masters studied, due to the attempted Japanese cultural genicide.

Anyway you might look at Tang Soo do and see similaraties to Karate.
So when I look at these arts they are all very similar.
Sorry

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Odin said:
That's because chuck was in his pre-beard era.....plus it was a film.

Has anyone noticed how similar chucks beard is to jesus's?whoa....could it be the second coming of Christ has already happened...wow that would explain alot of things..hmmmmmmmm

Did you just say Chuck Norris is God? If so... ::lol::

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
I heard that when Superman goes to bed at night, he wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

lol I heard that they were Mr T p.j's but hey when have I ever been right!!lol

Latest Discussions