Brother Isaac

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My Instructor was in town this last weekend from Colorado. He promoted one of my best friends to brown belt.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little about this friend.

Isaac Paul Hiroshi Keli'i Ki'ilehua.

Isaac as I call him because I screw it up every time I try to call him Keli'i is one of the most amazing men you will ever meet. I first met him about 2 years ago as I joined my new Kenpo Ohana (Family) and started to watch him and the others. Three weeks go by I look at him and say hey what belt are you? (because we worked out in shorts and t-shirts) I am thinking don't tick this guy off He will kick your butt bad. He looks at me and says I am an orange belt now I am thinking wow I am in the presence of one gifted Kenpoist (which I was but he is an orange belt and still could kick my butt). Next question out of my mouth is holy cow how long have you been taking? He says eh bout 9 years. What nine years and you are only an orange belt what the heck. He says no need He doesn’t enter tournaments and the classes are just the 5 of us so no need for promotion we know where everyone stands.

Keep in mind Isaac is extremely diverse, humble and just and overall great guy.

I went to his kanakadoshi party (birthday) this past weekend and was I surprised over 300 people showed up. The out pouring of love, honor, and respect that people have for him was moving. It made me proud to be able to say I was his friend.

Here is the real bummer of the story Isaac was diagnosed with Cancer couple of years ago and he beat it pretty much like he does everything. Well it has come back now and even though he wouldn't ask for our help his friends have rallied around him. Please check out these two sites and If you can find it in your heart to buy a t-shirt please do. Isaac goes on day to day staying extremely positive and he is an inspiration to us all and God bless his wife and mother. They are all extremely strong and great people. Isaac has become the yard stick that I measure myself by.

http://www.a4isaac.org/index.htm

http://www.e808.com/storeProduct.asp?storeID=1031&productID=2738&categoryID=

Mahalo nui loa
(Thank you very much)

Rick English

TChase

Green Belt
Reaction score
I remember meeting Isaac when you guys were up here last November. I didn't get to talk to him much but he seemed like a really nice guy. Very quiet and humble. I wish him the best and I'll be ordering a shirt this week.