Broke Kumite?

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I came across the term 'Broke Kumite' the other day, and have no idea what that means. I know Ippon Kumite is one step sparring, but have no idea what Broke Kumite represents. So...what does it mean?

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure what that refers to. I know broken rhythem in kumite, is where you break the opponents fighting rhythem, and take advantage. This is different than unbalancing(kazushi) an opponent.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sensei Funk in Meriden,CT uses that term in his teachings. I have heard some of his students metion it. I believe his school has a website that may have some info.

I think "twendkata71" may have explained it correctly.

OP
Yeti

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure what that refers to. I know broken rhythem in kumite, is where you break the opponents fighting rhythem, and take advantage. This is different than unbalancing(kazushi) an opponent.
Makes sense.
Thanks - and thanks to all.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I came across the term 'Broke Kumite' the other day, and have no idea what that means. I know Ippon Kumite is one step sparring, but have no idea what Broke Kumite represents. So...what does it mean?

it refers to a kumite series of brakes and throws. the throws are of a type that you CAN NOT role out of, and the brakes are self explanitory. ( in case you dont get it.. it referes to brakeing limbs.. usualy combined wth a throw and or sweep and finish ) these are techniques that are normaly uper Kyu rank .. and are defenenty NOT sport orianted.

OP
Yeti

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
it refers to a kumite series of brakes and throws. the throws are of a type that you CAN NOT role out of, and the brakes are self explanitory. ( in case you dont get it.. it referes to brakeing limbs.. usualy combined wth a throw and or sweep and finish ) these are techniques that are normaly uper Kyu rank .. and are defenenty NOT sport orianted.
Thank You! That actually sounds really fun...but then again, I guess I am a little twisted! :D

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank You! That actually sounds really fun...but then again, I guess I am a little twisted! :D

it is, and its kinda scarry on the throws for the uki... as the one makeing the throw you have to lower them so they do Not get Seriously Hurt... as in if you dont you will hurt your classmate badly... very badly!

Latest Discussions