Body Responses

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Like you, I think we all know what he wants, he just doesn't want to accept the answer that there is no "simple" way to get the info he seeks.

Why don't you retire from that very dangerous job of yours, I'll retire fomr the dangerously boring job of mine, and lets build the website MMAKid is looking for. Who's got some money to fund it? Beuler?

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why don't you retire from that very dangerous job of yours, I'll retire fomr the dangerously boring job of mine, and lets build the website MMAKid is looking for. Who's got some money to fund it? Beuler?
Yeah, that's the ticket. No matter how he changes the question around, the answer is always the same. Everyone is looking for a shortcut to Antarctica. Problem is, there isn't one. :)

On another note, when you coming back out Dave? Got some more material for you sir.

P.S. I'll retire if you take on a couple more daughters and grand daughters. Doesn't Kayla need a couple more big gangsters, uh I mean sisters?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the ticket. No matter how he changes the question around, the answer is always the same. Everyone is looking for a shortcut to Antarctica. Problem is, there isn't one. :)

On another note, when you coming back out Dave? Got some more material for you sir.

P.S. I'll retire if you take on a couple more daughters and grand daughters. Doesn't Kayla need a couple more big gangsters, uh I mean sisters?

We are looking at a Califormia trip in June. I have stipulated 2 things for my support of this trip:
1) we aren't staying with my sister-in-law
2) I get at least one full day with Doc.

everything else is negotiable. WHat's June / July look like? email me :)

OP
MMAkid1

MMAkid1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for your wonderful insight. It is much appreciated, and I am thankful for all of your help. I understand that there is no manual or user guide to the reactions of the human body, so I am studying more now. Thank you all and I understand that there are no shortcuts.

OP
MMAkid1

MMAkid1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I believe MMAkid is looking for something along the lines of:

Attack - poke to the eyes
Response - opponent's hands come up to their face and head jerks backwards

Attack - kick to the groin
Response - opponent's hands go down, knees come together, head drops forward

Etc.

The problem is (as noted before), that there are simply too many variables, especially when striking, to be able to depend on these reactions to be consistent. This is where a combination of scenario training and pressure testing will give you a good idea of what techniques work reliably.
thats pretty much it. you basically hit the nail on the head there, sir.

Latest Discussions