Not open for further replies.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I seen a vid of dry sand being dump in the base of bob and i must say they way looks so wrong cus the dry sand gets stuck at a point and has to be push in smh im not with all that bs. I want that hour glass sand meaning i want sand to pour in to the base of bob like water.

In that case, try your local craft store like Michaels, Hobby Lobby or AC Moore and ask for vase sand.

Or use water. Nothing pours like water as much as water does.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I seen a vid of dry sand being dump in the base of bob and i must say they way looks so wrong cus the dry sand gets stuck at a point and has to be push in smh im not with all that bs. I want that hour glass sand meaning i want sand to pour in to the base of bob like water.

I don't think you're going to find commercial available sand that has the viscosity of a liquid.
There's this thing called "physics", see...
If you want it to pour like water, fill your Bob with... water.

OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to find commercial available sand that has the viscosity of a liquid.
If you want it to pour like water, fill your Bob with... water.
Home depot sells wet sand
ot 1693109, member: 20725"]I don't think you're going to find commercial available sand that has the viscosity of a liquid.
If you want it to pour like water, fill your Bob with... water.[/QUOTE]
They sell wet sand home

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They sell wet sand home

Certainly they do. But even my 9 year old grandson knows it won't pour like water. Wet sand is LESS pourable than dry. That's why people use wet sand for things like sand sculpture. And sand castles.

OP
R

redmen

White Belt
Reaction score
TE="Dirty Dog, post: 1693120, member: 20725"]Certainly they do. But even my 9 year old grandson knows it won't pour like water. Wet sand is LESS pourable than dry. That's why people use wet sand for things like sand sculpture. And sand castles.[/QUOTE]
Meaning?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TE="Dirty Dog, post: 1693120, member: 20725"]Certainly they do. But even my 9 year old grandson knows it won't pour like water. Wet sand is LESS pourable than dry. That's why people use wet sand for things like sand sculpture. And sand castles.
Meaning?[/QUOTE]

Is it really even possible that you don't understand this? ...and speak English? I only got a B in high school geometry, but for god's sake I recognize an angle greater than 90 degrees.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Certainly they do. But even my 9 year old grandson knows it won't pour like water. Wet sand is LESS pourable than dry. That's why people use wet sand for things like sand sculpture. And sand castles.

What part don't you understand?
Here's an experiment for you to try. One that my aforementioned 9 year old grandson would understand.
Get two drinking glasses.
Take them outside.
Find some sand.
Fill both glasses with sand.
Go back inside.
Add water to one of the glasses to wet the sand.
Pour out the dry sand. Notice how it pours. Notice that it forms a pile, unlike water which would form a flat puddle.
Now pour out the wet sand. Notice that it doesn't pour. If it's really wet, it may plop out in one big blob.
Now think really really hard, and see if you can understand what I meant in my post above.
If you can't, I'll ask my 9 year old grandson to explain it to you.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
TE="Dirty Dog, post: 1693120, member: 20725"]Certainly they do. But even my 9 year old grandson knows it won't pour like water. Wet sand is LESS pourable than dry. That's why people use wet sand for things like sand sculpture. And sand castles.
Meaning?
Meaning "Wet sand is LESS pourable than dry.
Meaning it sticks to itself.
Being wet causes the coefficient of friction between the sand particles to increase thereby making the sand particles stick to each other disallowing them to flow.

Bruhhh stfu you dead know nothing about the topic at hand so burn it up jack
Sir, this is not a good way to have a discussion or develop a good membership with others on this forum. However, you have made this thread quite comical. For what it is worth, Tez3 is not a Bruhhh [sic] she is a 'sis'.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bruhhh stfu you dead know nothing about the topic at hand so burn it up jack

Ok, couple of points here.

First, the site rules:
4.18 Language:
MartialTalk is a United States based forum; As such all posts must be primarily in English.

While we respect the fact that many people are fluent in several foreign languages, this is an English-speaking community, and that is the standard that everyone is expected to follow.

Posts that discuss foreign language terms are fine, as long as the discussion of such terms is carried out mostly in English, and such terms are translated in a verifiable manner.

Posts that are written entirely, or mostly, in a language other than English will be removed.

Insults, slights, and other derogatory terms and phrases posted in a foreign language as also subject to these rules. We will rely on sites such as Google and Babel to translate, and their version will be what we accept.

I'm not sure what grammar structure you're using there, but I suspect it wouldn't meet the parameters of what passed for English in my old high school.

Secondly, again I quote scripture here:
4.3 Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:
Martialtalk.com is a community where we take pride in having civil discussions. You don't have to like the other guy you're talking to, but you should still respect his right to have an opinion.

Treat others as you would wish to be treated. We ask that you be professional and polite to one other and respect our intention to have a forum for the friendly discussion of the martial arts. We do not wish to censor or control your opinions, but we will ensure that the policies of the board are respected.

A member who is rude, excessively negative, or disruptive may receive a warning or may be suspended or banned immediately. Suspending and banning is done at the discretion of the administration team. Any abuse directed at our all-volunteer moderation/administration team, including defying the moderators/administrators to suspend or ban a member, may result in an immediate suspension or ban.

Membership on MartialTalk is a privilege, not a right.

Your comment which I have quoted above in my retired opinion crosses that line.

You have been offered detailed and extensive assistance. Your continued apparent inability to grasp the fact that your request has been answered, repeatedly leads me to conclude that you, sir are either incapable of ever grasping the answer, or are simply trolling this site. If it is the former then you may find that this is not the site for you as we expect our membership to have some semblance of the capability to process and comprehend. If it is the later, then I have no doubt that the finest internet forum moderation team there was, is and ever will be, will sooner or later unleash a +20 ban hammer the likes of which would make Thor himself whimper. Now, if you would like to continue your patronage of this wonderful resource and all of it's resplendent knowledge I strongly suggest that you peruse the site's comprehensive community rules and standards, learn to utilize the vocabulary verification and validation capabilities of your fine Internet Browser, and refrain from continuing to post like an turnip.

/Joe Friday

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admininstrator's note:

Thread closed, pending staff review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions