Board breaking question

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have broken at least 45 boards whether a chop flying side kick hammer fist or whatever., but a lot of times it's some type of hand move and 1 out of. 12 i accidentally hit full force with my wrist. Is there any tips for when you get really bad bruises that sometimes can last for days?

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Other than don't do that?

On a more serious not you could try to get a good Dit Dat Jow. Or get a Bao Zhen Gao patch. (think long term band-aid with a built in herbal pack) It usually takes several days before the adhesive component starts to break down and the patch falls off.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two tips.

Work on your accuracy so you're striking correctly.
Work on your conditioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

OP
donald1

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
When and how often do you use those kinds of medicines? I've only used Chinese medicine once for a breathing problem

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
1. More accuracy with your strikes so you hit with the correct striking area and with good technique, that will lead to less bruises.
2. If you don't want your bruises to come then out ice your boo boo, always use ice wrapped up in a towel or something. Bruises are souvenirs that you can look at and poke your finger into, they are part of developing mental toughness. It will help you deal with the pain of actually hitting someone for real.
3. Rest the bruised area before breaking with it, you can use the palm instead of the fist for example, don't try to do too much in too short a period.
4. Conditioning, both mental and physical, remember every minor injury you live through makes your mind stronger.

Latest Discussions