blog post about golden eagle style

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I found an interesting post about the golden eagle style over at formosa neijia.

Thanks for the link, I have liked most of what I have seen form Formosa Neijia

I wish I could travel around china learning rare styles. Maybe someday I could become a reporter for real wushu scholar. I bet there are a lot of styles we don't know about in north america.

That is very true there are a lot of styles in China that we never hear about in the west. But many are variations on a theme from various families. Not knowing Eagle Claw so I am not sure of this at all but Golden Eagle could be one of those variations. Like things we know such as Henan, Shanxi and Hebei styles of Xingyiquan with sub styles like Dai Style and Che Style kind of thing (to name only a few). But get into Southern styles and you can get a lot of somewhat similar styles designed by various families that have different names.

There are also older versions of existing forms and styles that are rare in China that we would never see here as well. Example some of the very old Chen Style forms like Laojia Erlu before it was shortened and older Yang forms form Banhou and Shaohou. And there are an awful lot of Bagua styles that are little know anywhere outside of China that are sadly going extinct and even more sad is they are not alone. So I hope that you are able to go travel around China and learn rare styles, it can only help.

Formosa Neijia

Green Belt
Reaction score
I found an interesting post about the golden eagle style over at formosa neijia.

I wish I could travel around china learning rare styles. Maybe someday I could become a reporter for real wushu scholar. I bet there are a lot of styles we don't know about in north america.

Oh well, back to work for me.

Glad you liked the post. Actually, the guy mentioned at the bottom of the post, Cheng Shi-bao, has or had a school in California:
http://gungfu.myweb.hinet.net/c5.htm

Click on some of those links that have English in them and you'll see some of their school. Why they don't have an English web page, I have no idea.

OP
X

xiongnu_lohon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Glad you liked the post. Actually, the guy mentioned at the bottom of the post, Cheng Shi-bao, has or had a school in California:
http://gungfu.myweb.hinet.net/c5.htm

Click on some of those links that have English in them and you'll see some of their school. Why they don't have an English web page, I have no idea.

Wow, thanks for coming by! I'm a big fan. I would say my favorite blogs are yours, another neijia blog, northern cma @blogspot, weakness with a twist, neigong.net, and martial development.

I think Xue Sheng is correct that golden eagle is a variant of ying jow pai/eagle claw. I've also never done eagle claw though I have been interested in the style for some time. Thanks for the links. Also I bought your taipei guide and I think I also purchased "The Science of Internal Strength Boxing" from you as a pdf file.

Formosa Neijia

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for coming by! I'm a big fan. I would say my favorite blogs are yours, another neijia blog, northern cma @blogspot, weakness with a twist, neigong.net, and martial development.

I think Xue Sheng is correct that golden eagle is a variant of ying jow pai/eagle claw. I've also never done eagle claw though I have been interested in the style for some time. Thanks for the links. Also I bought your taipei guide and I think I also purchased "The Science of Internal Strength Boxing" from you as a pdf file.

Thanks for the support!

I hope to do much more with the site if I can make it a bit more profitable. I would like to start traveling a bit to document what's out there. But that takes funds. :)

Latest Discussions