Billy Jack and that Right Foot Video Clip!

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This has got to be one of the best lines in cinema history...I rate it up there with ANYTHING that Clint Eastwood says in any of his movies.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Honestly, that WAS my FIRST introduction to Martial Arts... then came Bruce and a whole new can of worms was opened.
I've seen punches galore in movies but never a kick to the face from only inches away. Yee-haw! And the cooooool smmmmooootth way Tom Laughton delivered his lines. Total confidence in his abilities. :D

I'm scrolling up to watch it again... :D :D

Here's another:
[yt]ls187Ng23LA[/yt]

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember sitting in the movie theatre watching this when it was a NEW release...Thanks for the memory...

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I remember sitting in the movie theatre watching this when it was a NEW release...Thanks for the memory...
Drac,

Let me guess, you & I saw Billy Jack as a new release in the local neighborhood movie house or drive-in, and neither venue exists anymore. This is how America watched our movies before we had “cinema complexes” to all you MT 'yutes. Of course, maybe all these cinema complexes will all be extinct in twenty years.
:wink1:

Yes but lost memories can be had on Amazon.com for about $40. as in: The “Billy Jack 35th Anniversary Ultimate Collection (Born Losers/Billy Jack/ Trial of Billy Jack/ Billy Jack Goes to Washington)" release on DVD

However even with the passage of time I must confess the Billy Jack sequels did suck… way too much peyote usage Billy Boy.

Or as South Park’s Cartman would say today: “Hippies, hippies... they want to save the world but all they do is smoke pot and play frisbee!”

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac,

Let me guess, you & I saw Billy Jack as a new release in the local neighborhood movie house or drive-in, and neither venue exists anymore. This is how America watched our movies before we had “cinema complexes” to all you MT 'yutes. Of course, maybe all these cinema complexes will all be extinct in twenty years.
:wink1:

Yep, it was a theatre..One building one sitting area..

Senjojutsu said:
Yes but lost memories can be had on Amazon.com for about $40. as in: The “Billy Jack 35th Anniversary Ultimate Collection (Born Losers/Billy Jack/ Trial of Billy Jack/ Billy Jack Goes to Washington)" release on DVD

Own it...

Senjojutsu said:
However even with the passage of time I must confess the Billy Jack sequels did suck… way too much peyote usage Billy Boy.

Yes, but he didn't inhale...

Senjojutsu said:
Or as South Park’s Cartman would say today: “Hippies, hippies... they want to save the world but all they do is smoke pot and play frisbee!”

Ever try playing frisbee AFTER smoking a doobie or two?? It ain't easy..So I've been told, yeah that's it, I was told....

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
of you all know that kick was performed by Master Bong Soo Han. In the later fight scenes if you look close you see him and not Tom doing all the work......
STILL...My all time favorite.....

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember seeing that in a theater (or drive-in, can't expect me to remember everything :D), and like Caver, that was my first intro to the magic of MA. That scene has been burned into my memory ever since. :ultracool Thanks for the find, Brian!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
of you all know that kick was performed by Master Bong Soo Han. In the later fight scenes if you look close you see him and not Tom doing all the work......
Thus the high angle shot and Tom/Billy's wide brim (cool-looking) black hat. But yeah... like you say... STILL. An awesome kick and it literally blew people's minds that someone standing that close could kick that quickly, that high and exactly where (Billy) told him it would go and proving... that there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it. :lol:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! After all these years and now another teenage belief shattered...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! After all these years and now another teenage belief shattered...

Drac... it's called reality, get in it and get over it. That factoid doesn't surprise me at all. It's a tricky move done by anyone. I'd be curious as to how many takes it took to get that. There was no Wo-Ping to choreograph the fight scenes and whomever did, did a good job of it considering that MA-related fights weren't the norm back then.