Bible proven by Fulfilled Prophecies

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The bible does have prophecies, but specifically, what fulfilled ones are you referring to?

SenseiBear

Blue Belt
Reaction score
List the prophecies and the fulfillment. (since the bible has been extensively re-worked dozens of times, please use ancient prophecies and modern fulfillment, or provide a source that proves the prophesy was actually made prior to the event of fulfillment - for example, the King James Version was reworked/rewritten/recombined in the 1600's, so unless the fulfillment is more recent than that, please be able to demonstrate that the prophesy was in the older text)

Does not the fact that many of Nostradamus' prophecies have come true proof that he was god?

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There have been described in the Old Testament over 300 prophecies of the first coming of the Messiah and over 500 of the second coming, all of them made hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus and fulfilled to the letter in Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

George Heron, a French mathematician, calculated that the odds of one man fulfilling only 40 of those prophecies are 1 in 10 to the power of 157. That is a 1 followed by 157 zeros. Compare it to this; your odds on winning the state lottery are 14 followed by 6 zeros.

Another mathematician, Dr. Peter S. Ruckman, claims the odds of being fulfilled only 60 of them by the only person who claimed to be the Son of God, and who died on a "tree" on Calvary, and who rose the 3rd day are astronomical!... not just one in one trillion, but one out of ten to the 895th power. That is a one over a one followed by 895 zeros.
Still more, because every page of the Old Testament talks and prophecies and characterizes the coming of the Messiah, the Christ in Greek... so, there are actually thousands of prophecies on the coming of the Messiah, all of them fulfilled to the letter in Jesus Christ and His Church
But you asked, "which ones?"...
So here are a few for you, but realize that these are only from the Old Testament, and even then, are only those fulfilled by Jesus, I haven't even listed the New Testament prophecies...there are thousands of fulfilled prophecies within the bible....
<FONT color=#000000><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN lang=en-us>
Messianic Prophecies
Separated By Bible Book
Page 1

<DIV align=center>Genesis Prophecies

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah would be born of the "seed" of a woman.

Genesis 3:15a

Luke 1:34-35

The Messiah would successfully defeat Satan.

Genesis 3:15b

1 John 3:8

The Messiah would suffer when redeeming man to God.

Genesis 3:15c

1 Peter 3:18

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Seth.

Genesis 4:25

Luke 3:23-38

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Shem.

Genesis 9:26

Luke 3:23-36

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Abraham.

Genesis 12:3

Matthew 1:1

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Isaac.

Genesis 17:19

Luke 3:23-34

Genesis 18:17-18a

The Messiah would be the redeemer for all nations.

Genesis 18:17-18b

Acts 3:24-26

The Messiah would come form the lineage of Isaac.

Genesis 21:12

The Messiah would be God's "Sacrificial Lamb".

Genesis 22:8

John 1:29
Romans 8:3-4
1 Corinthians 5:7

Genesis 22:18a

Galatians 3:16

Genesis 22:18b

Galatians 3:14

Genesis 26:4

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Jacob.

Genesis 28:14a

Genesis 28:14b

Galatians 3:26-29

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Judah.

Genesis 49:10a

Luke 3:23-33

The Messiah would gather all people before Him.

Genesis 49:10b

Luke 12:1
Mark 1:45

The Messiah would be the "vine" of all living.

Genesis 49:11

John 15:1-5

Exodus Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah's bones would not be broken during crucifixion. Exodus 12:46 John 19:32-33
Numbers Prophecies:
OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment
The Messiah's bones would not be broken during crucifixion. Numbers 9:12 John 19:32-33 The Messiah would be God's "Star." Numbers 24:17 Revelation 22:16
Deuteronomy Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah would be a Prophet as man.

Deut. 18:15

Matthew 21:11

Deut. 18:18a

The Messiah would speak God's "Will and Word."

Deut. 18:18b

John 12:49

The Messiah would become a curse for the redemption of man.

Deut. 21:23

Galatians 3:13

The Messiah would be worshiped by Angels and men at His birth.

Deut. 32:43

Luke 2:13-14

Ruth Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Boaz & Ruth.

Ruth 4:12-17

Luke 3:23-32

<FONT color=#000080><B>
<FONT face="Times New Roman">1st. Samuel Prophecies:

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
aarrggg...

Just like i thought, my previous posted was far too long...

I'll make a couple of separate posts containing what I tried to present to you above.. but please consider them all one post...

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Parmandjack,

You are aware, of course, that there are sects of Judaism which believe that the Messiah will come -- and they're still waiting for him.

Don't see any Old Testament citations in your post. Can you please add them, as that's what I read.

Senseibear,

Nostradamus, huh. (Good riposte IMHO).

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
AS I stated above, There have been described in the Old Testament over 300 prophecies of the first coming of the Messiah and over 500 of the second coming, all of them made hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus and fulfilled to the letter in Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

George Heron, a French mathematician, calculated that the odds of one man fulfilling only 40 of those prophecies are 1 in 10 to the power of 157. That is a 1 followed by 157 zeros. Compare it to this; your odds on winning the state lottery are 14 followed by 6 zeros.

Another mathematician, Dr. Peter S. Ruckman, claims the odds of being fulfilled only 60 of them by the only person who claimed to be the Son of God, and who died on a "tree" on Calvary, and who rose the 3rd day are astronomical!... not just one in one trillion, but one out of ten to the 895th power. That is a one over a one followed by 895 zeros.
Still more, because every page of the Old Testament talks and prophecies and characterizes the coming of the Messiah, the Christ in Greek... so, there are actually thousands of prophecies on the coming of the Messiah, all of them fulfilled to the letter in Jesus Christ and His Church
But you asked, "which ones?"...
So here are a few for you, but realize that these are only from the Old Testament, and even then, are only those fulfilled by Jesus, I haven't even listed the New Testament prophecies...there are thousands of fulfilled prophecies within the bible....
Page 1

Genesis Prophecies

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah would be born of the "seed" of a woman.

Genesis 3:15a

Luke 1:34-35

The Messiah would successfully defeat Satan.

Genesis 3:15b

1 John 3:8

The Messiah would suffer when redeeming man to God.

Genesis 3:15c

1 Peter 3:18

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Seth.

Genesis 4:25

Luke 3:23-38

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Shem.

Genesis 9:26

Luke 3:23-36

Genesis 12:3

Genesis 17:19

Genesis 18:17-18a

Genesis 18:17-18b

Acts 3:24-26

The Messiah would come form the lineage of Isaac.

Genesis 21:12

The Messiah would be God's "Sacrificial Lamb".

Genesis 22:8

John 1:29 Romans 8:3-4 1 Corinthians 5:7

Genesis 22:18a

Galatians 3:16

Genesis 22:18b

Galatians 3:14

Genesis 26:4

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Jacob.

Genesis 28:14a

Genesis 28:14b

Galatians 3:26-29

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Judah.

Genesis 49:10a

Luke 3:23-33

The Messiah would gather all people before Him.

Genesis 49:10b

Luke 12:1 Mark 1:45

The Messiah would be the "vine" of all living.

Genesis 49:11

John 15:1-5

Exodus Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah's bones would not be broken during crucifixion.

Exodus 12:46

John 19:32-33

Numbers Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah's bones would not be broken during crucifixion.

Numbers 9:12

John 19:32-33

The Messiah would be God's "Star."

Numbers 24:17

Revelation 22:16

Deuteronomy Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

Deut. 18:15

Deut. 18:18a

The Messiah would speak God's "Will and Word."

Deut. 18:18b

John 12:49

The Messiah would become a curse for the redemption of man.

Deut. 21:23

Galatians 3:13

The Messiah would be worshiped by Angels and men at His birth.

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Continued...

Ruth Prophecies:

OT Scripture

NT Fulfillment

The Messiah would come from the lineage of Boaz & Ruth.

Ruth 4:12-17

Luke 3:23-32

<FONT color=#000080><B>
1st. Samuel Prophecies:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK. pamandjack, should you choose to ACTUALLY explore this methodically, be prepared for ACTUAL and SPECIFIC debate. Given that this will be your thread and topic, should you decide to abandon the discussion or resort to illogical refutation, I will remove your posts, this thread, and you will be left with a fool's reputation.

I cannot imagine a more ridiculous endeavour, but this forum is for specific and logical debate, not preaching.

Got it in you?

Warning issued. Proceed with caution.

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
M

Mark Weiser

Shakes Head and mutters oh my god! not this subject lol! Starts pulling out his reference materials and His Torah.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
parmandjack said:
So waddaya think?

Does not the fact that the bible is supported by fulfilled prophecies verify it as a valid and accurate proof for God/Jesus?
Fact - Defined:
1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : [size=-1]FEAT[/size] b : [size=-1]CRIME[/size] <accessory after the fact> c archaic : [size=-1]ACTION[/size]
2 archaic : [size=-1]PERFORMANCE[/size], [size=-1]DOING[/size]
3 : the quality of being actual : [size=-1]ACTUALITY[/size] <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality

According to definition 4 a, a fact is "something that has actual existence".

Stating that 'angels' did anything (Gal 3:13) belies 'fact',
Or that 'Satan' was defeated (Luke 1:34-35),
Or that any person is a 'vine' (Luke 12:1),
Or that any person is a 'star' (John 19:32-33).

First, you have to prove to me that 'angels' or 'satan' exist.
Second, you have to show that an animal is actually a plant, or that a biological organism is actually is a nuclear reactions.

Said, another way, Belief in the Bible validates itself; a circular argument. Sorry, not allowed in thoughtful discussion about things 'proven' or not.

Mike

M

Mark Weiser

Actually I have to agree with Mike here. Trying to disprove or approve ones faith is like trying to teach a blind man what the colors of the rainbow looks like. It is nearly impossible.

We could go around and around and around and make each other extremely angry with each other lol.

One of the forbidden subjects in public discourse is Religion.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the problem that your argument has is that the only proof that those prophecies were fulfilled are found in the bible, the same book that has the prophecies themselves...i'm a believing christian...you're just debating from a weak position

remind's me of the magic trick where you put something in your left hand and say, "I'm going to make it transport to my right hand....there i did it, and now i will make it teleport back to my left hand....done", all without opening your hands

certainly could've happened...but you don't know for sure if it did or didn't...you have to believe...and it's very hard to convince others of your beliefs

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
flatlander said:
OK. pamandjack, should you choose to ACTUALLY explore this methodically, be prepared for ACTUAL and SPECIFIC debate. Given that this will be your thread and topic, should you decide to abandon the discussion or resort to illogical refutation, I will remove your posts, this thread, and you will be left with a fool's reputation.

I cannot imagine a more ridiculous endeavour, but this forum is for specific and logical debate, not preaching.

Got it in you?

Warning issued. Proceed with caution.
So let me get this straight!!!

....just as the discussion is starting, you jump right in swinging both fists declaring that you cannot imagine a more rediculous endeavour? and then further state that this forum is only for logical debate! are you stating then that debating FOR the Bible is automatically illogical and therefore does not give me the right, perhaps as a second class citizen, to hold and discuss that position?

As a "moderator" thats not quite the "moderate" position I would expect you to hold.. seeing as how as a moderator, you are supposed to maintain an impartiality due to your position as a "moderator"... especially considering many other of the "un-imaginably more ridiculous endeavour's" I have noted through many other strings throughout the site.

As for being left with a fools reputation? you imagine incorrectly that your opinion of me matters!

Now if others care to discuss this string, as I questioned at the start, lets go.. but don't for one minute think that I will not use the bible and history to support my position, regardless of whether or not you decide it is "preaching".

In your position of "Moderator", I would like to see you address your above "Warning" to those who will take a position opposite to mine, as quickly as you did to me.

Thank you very much for so quickly biasing the discussion against the validity of the Bible, with your "attempt" at moderation... thats pretty fair minded of you.

M

Mark Weiser

Can you say DING DING!!! lets see who loses this one lol!! I would suggest looking at the posting rules once again sir. No one here is out to get you or to shame you in your beliefs. There are many different religions here but we all share one thing in common that is the Martial Arts and we endeavor to keep the subject to that item as best as we can.

Sorry dude. There again if you wish to debate certain people go to private or go to any of the IM programs available.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
he was not attacking you...he was stating the purpose of this forum and making sure "everyone" knew to keep it civil...debating the validity of events that happened over 2000 years ago is a "ridicolous endeavor" in the fact that the main evidence you have to go on is the Bible...and "logical" people like to have their information verified by second, outside sources...not to say there is absolutely no historical evidence for the events in the Bible, but those scraps of evidence are often few and far between...also, you will not be able to prove the events in the Bible, just as people that will be opposite your position will not be able to disprove it...this is where faith is required...if we had total proof that one religion is the true one...why are all these other ones around

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So let's keep it civil...and this discussion may just be interesting and fulfilling

OP
P

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
kenpo tiger said:
Parmandjack,

You are aware, of course, that there are sects of Judaism which believe that the Messiah will come -- and they're still waiting for him.
You are 100% correct kenpo... however, I would reason that simply because there are Jews who determined not to recognize Him when he did come, that that does not prove He didn't... Further, many other Jews of His time did recognize Him

kenpo tiger said:
Don't see any Old Testament citations in your post. Can you please add them, as that's what I read.
I'm not sure kenpo if you managed to figure out the mess i initially tried to cut and paste, can't blame you if you didnt, but all of that material was from the OT.

I hope that addresses your request..

Latest Discussions