Between Brown & Black

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Hey Jason :) did you mean 32,24,16 ?

*hands you a cuppa coffee :D

I am only familiar to the 24 - Im interested to know more about the 32, where would I find this info.

Thanks

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
You can look at them on my Kenpo-Texas.com web site. http://kenpo-texas.com/techref.html#32%20Tech
Scroll up for the 24 and 16 based curriculums.

-Michael

Thank you for that. Had a look I thought there might have been more techniques than what I was learning (hate to think I was missing out on anything) but they are just in different orders for each belt. Must admit though - I cant rmember having seen Intellectual Departure in our Yellow belt syllabus.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are 2 additional techniqes I added from the earlier charts (as have others), ... and because I like to teach and/or use them sparring. Intellectual Departure for sparring, and how to block a kick while hands are down, as verses Deflecting Hammer for when hands are up. At Purple I teach Spreading Branch just to add another rear bear hug arms pinned, and because I like the principles utilized to be introduced at this level.

-Michael

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I have just downloaded both techniques and after having looked through Intellectual Departure, it looks very familiar. Im sure we have been through this one but it just wasnt on the syllabus or given a name. Nice move. As for Spreading Branch unsure about this one so will ask my Instructors to run through it with me. OK to read and work through it but I am a more visual learner so need to see it before I can fully relate to it.

Cheers

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Michael,

When was Intellectual Departure and Spreading the Branch moved from Yellow? (I learned the system with extensions (24), and then lately have seen versions which spreads out the techs through BB). Is Aggressive Twins still taught in Yellow?
It seems that the extensions are not taught much (what would Dance of Death be without the Dance?).

Thanks - Glenn.

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
TwistofFat said:
Is Aggressive Twins still taught in Yellow?

It seems that the extensions are not taught much (what would Dance of Death be without the Dance?).
Thanks - Glenn.

Im not familiar with agressive twins is dstructive twins the same?

Extensions are still taught. The base moves are taught to 2nd brown and at 3rd Degree brown we start on Orange extensions then upwards from there.

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Storm,

Not exactly, while they are a similar attack [front two hand choke (lapel), pull-in], Aggressive Twins is more similar to Delayed Sword and Intellectual departure (as it was a yellow in Mr. Parker's Infinite Insights #5) than DT's (Green).

The Technique from my notes is:

Attack: The opponent approaches you from the front and attempts to deliver a two-hand push towards your chest.

Step-by-Step:

1. From a natural stance, step your left foot back into a right neutral bow (12:00) as you execute a right thrusting inward block.
  2. Execute a right side snap kick to the opponent's left knee joint and plant your right foot back to its point-of-origin. Immediately follow-up with a left step-thru front kick to his upper chest or face, and plant your foot into a left neutral bow facing the opponent.
http://www.bakerfamily4.net/kenpo/Images/atwins.gif (Thanks to Brian Baker@ Brian's Kenpo Page)
I hope this helps (and I think is close to being correct:)).

Glenn.

Latest Discussions