better late than never

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well..even though i'm coming up on 700 posts...i've only been here a short time...what can i say...i've got cable internet, don't need much sleep and i'm always on my computer...

The name's Nick, 20 years old...computer science major...

in the process of studying for my black belt test in taekwondo(Less than 3 months!!!! AHHH!!)

also study judo and jujutsu...keeps me busy at least 5 days a week...

you know what they say...

idle hands don't get to punch things or throw people...

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A rolling stone gathers no moss....

Nice to meet you Nick. I'm Dan. My friends call me Dan.

Don't sweat the obsession, man. What else is there to do? Might as well talk it up.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Don't sweat the obsession, man. What else is there to do? Might as well talk it up.
that's the plan....

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiya Bignick, I enjoy having you here on the board too. You know my daughter is 20 too. She was in St. Paul for two years going to school, so where were you when I needed you???? And she is a pretty little blonde, extremely independent, who hifalutid away to Arizona with a guy she barely knew. May have to send you after her...be prepared. :D TW

B

blackbeltedbeauty

Hey nick! I'm a 1st dan in taekwondo. Good luck going for your black. They won't change my dang thing to black belt. It seems stuck on white. Do you do any weapons? :asian:

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
our school does limited weapons training, our main focus is taekwondo however...

as for your "white belt" this has to do with the number of posts you have...not your true rank...

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, bignick! I've already had the pleasure of your acquaintance during hunting expeditions here on MT. ;) Welcome. I've also been here a very short time - it's very easy to get on MT for 10 minutes between experiments or whatnot, gab away, come back later.... Sigh.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
nice to meet you all...as a warning...i manage to catch most of my "oof-da's" when i type them....but you never know when one will slip through

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Nick

I'm in a somewhat warmer climate, and we get the Packers as a home team. If you ever foray into Wis let me know
Todd

B

Baytor

Where in WI are you from? I grew up in the UP just over the river from Marinette, which is about an hour north of Green Bay. I have family all over northeastern WI. And yes, I am still a Packer fan even though I live in MN now. I just couldn't jump on that bandwagon.:)

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am down in Milwaukee, although from my Mom I have family up in the Green Bay area. It is alot easier being a Packer fan now, than back in the 70's and 80's. BTW they looked pretty good last night. If ever in town let me know

Todd

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Kai said:
I am down in Milwaukee, although from my Mom I have family up in the Green Bay area. It is alot easier being a Packer fan now, than back in the 70's and 80's. BTW they looked pretty good last night. If ever in town let me know

Todd
i actually have relatives in the milwaukee and osh kosh region

B

Baytor

I have family in Sheboygan, which isn't too far away. Relatively speaking.:D

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
it's good to know there are other CIS majors around to gab about processes and deadlocking when my brain is fried from reading Tanenbaum....oy. damnable page tables and link lists and....arg...must...not...be.........assimilated....:borg:

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
resistance is futile....

and i don't even watch star trek

K

KenpoNoChikara

Hello and a belated welcome :asian: (thats what it would be right?)

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
it's good to know there are other CIS majors around to gab about processes and deadlocking when my brain is fried from reading Tanenbaum....oy. damnable page tables and link lists and....arg...must...not...be.........assimilated....:borg:
sorry chronuss...i'm much more into the programming side...and i can't remember much from architecture...they say the brain blocks out traumatic memories...

Latest Discussions