Reaction score
:duel: :duel:
One of the best throws i ever saw was
Frank Shamrock vs Igor Zonovieve

What are some of your guy's fav's.

OP
J

JDenz

I liked Jeff Denz on Steve Pegg the best I think. But Primo on Bill Pegg was good as well. lol. Just kidding hughes Newton

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jeff Denz Throws Steve Pegg which one LoL
Steve is geting better all the time. No Joke

OP
J

JDenz

What is the name of that throw. I have seen it in BJJ alot but I don't know the name for it

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My 2 fav throws? ura-nage and uke-waza (often mistaken for yoko-otoshi), both done from an opponent's techniques.

Fav throw would probably be uke-otoshi....

OP
J

JDenz

Damn it I think I need to take a Japenese course or take Judo for about 6 months to learn terminology. Lol I like the wrestling terminolgy alot better.

OP
M

MartialArtist

If I grapple, which is much rarer than striking as I'm much better at that, but if I do, it's more like hapkido/jujitsu/free styling throws. Even as a wrestler in both collegiate and freestyle, I used a lot more throws than just shooting in. I am partial to the single leg because it's easy to get but I like the fireman's carry.

OP
D

darkdragoon

Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
. Kata is the cataloging of self defense techniques. These kata's are ususally are one person drills there are two person kata's also. Kata's have locks, chokes, throws, self defense techniques in them.

And that means what? A recipe might have everything listed, but if you wanna be a chef you have to cook.

Anyways, i've always liked the bodylock+trip, makikomi, and the ankle pick.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by darkdragoon

And that means what? A recipe might have everything listed, but if you wanna be a chef you have to cook.

Just because you know how to cook doesn't make you a chef either. Kata is know different than any one man drill (shadow boxing, heavy bag training, grappling drills with a grappling dummy etc.) What you get out of your training depends on you.
Bob:asian:

OP
G

Gaston

For takedown to transition I would use a single leg to ashi-gatame (a knee bar with the legs).

For a full power takedown I use Uchi-mata-makikomi all the way.

Latest Discussions