Grappling multipal oppents

J

J-kid

What can you do to face multiable oppents on the ground. I figure we can start a big thread on this subject i have heard diffrent things. PLEASE ADD YOUR INPUT>

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Grab the biggest rock you can find and start equalizing the odds. Aside from that, there is no no way you can realisticaly take on multiple attackers on the ground

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Any kind of weapon is a good equalizer. Other than that it is pretty tough to fight mulitpal people from the ground. One of BJJ weakness.
Bob :asian:

OP
K

Kenpo_student

I would have to agree with the above. I have done a small amount of BJJ and it would be highly unlikely you could fight multiple opponents without getting seriously hurt.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Stand up. Raise foot. Stamp on head. Repeat as necessary.

Seriously, to survive something like that, you'd have to get NASTY. Fish-hooks, eye gouges, biting nerve points, breaking anything you can get hold of, squeezing (or grabbing and twisting) painful locations, all of these would need to be in your repetoir. The idea is that you must be completely prepared to totally maim your opponents if you want to survive. Otherwise no amount of standard groundwork training will work.

OP
J

JDenz

If you were lucky enough to get to the ground with one guy by takedown, get up and use the NIKE defence.

OP
H

Humble artist

I´m sorry if I sound dull but I don´t think you should be grappling much in the first place if against multiple opponents.
On the ground...that´s a bad enough place to end up even without multiple opponents.

Zujitsuka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You definitely don't want to be grappling with multiple opponents. Surely they will end up line dancing on your body :)

When fighting multiple opponents, do what Geoff Thompson suggests: Hit first, hit hard, then run.

Peace & blessings,

OP
Q

Qasim

Originally posted by Aegis

Stand up. Raise foot. Stamp on head. Repeat as necessary.

Seriously, to survive something like that, you'd have to get NASTY. Fish-hooks, eye gouges, biting nerve points, breaking anything you can get hold of, squeezing (or grabbing and twisting) painful locations, all of these would need to be in your repetoir. The idea is that you must be completely prepared to totally maim your opponents if you want to survive. Otherwise no amount of standard groundwork training will work.

This doesn't help when there are multiple opponents and you're on the ground. If you've gone to the ground because you've performed a sacrifice move, that's one thing as the point is to perform this technique and immediately get up.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Qasim

This doesn't help when there are multiple opponents and you're on the ground. If you've gone to the ground because you've performed a sacrifice move, that's one thing as the point is to perform this technique and immediately get up.

I dunno.... I've seen 3-on-1 training for groundfighting, and this exact techniques works well... If you gouge someone's eyes or tear their cheek open with a fish-hook, they're not fighting any more because the pain would be excruciating! Obviously for this we submit as soon as the downed opponent gets one of these locks on, as the pain becomes a bit to much for a training class after that!

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Any time face with multipul apponents
the goal is Run get away!

a weapon is a good idea but
don't get cought up in the moment
get gone good!

:armed:
Good Stuff

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace

Any time face with multipul apponents
the goal is Run get away!

a weapon is a good idea but
don't get cought up in the moment
get gone good!

If you read the question, we're discussing what happens if you're on the ground with 3 people. Running away isn't likely to be an option, so the objectives are as follows:

1. Survive
2. Get Up
3. Escape
4. If unable to escape, fight until you can
(5. <optional> Steal stuff from unconcious bodies to make up for the time wasted :D )

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actuly if U uuuuuuuu go back & read
it say what can U do with multipel
Oppenents on the ground.

Good Stuff

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When faced with Multapul guy's/\gal's (Hey U never Know)
I say U grab the first thing that becomes
Avaliable & start negosiating.

If U get cought up in a war fight to escape.
I don't know a bout everyone else but in
N.Y. the longer U stay in the fight
The closer to Death U get!

Point Blank
:boxing: :flushed:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Live To train
Fight To Live

Good Stuff

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by ace

When faced with Multapul guy's/\gal's (Hey U never Know)
I say U grab the first thing that becomes
Avaliable & start negosiating.

ROFLMAO:):):)

Latest Discussions