Beginners Advice/Tips ?

I did it and the first session is over

so we started with a good amount of warm up stretches and so on, if I was to say im not hurting right now I would be talking an utter load of crap (I feel like I have been hit by a train) but also I feel good for doing it.

The trainers and students made me and my son feel very welcome and comfortable and we did plenty of stuff in the 2 hours we where there, cant wait for Thursday

we where doing something we need to learn before the first pattern but I cant remember what this is called so if any of you can let me know I would be grateful

Cheers to all

Ian

Wow, 2 hours is a lot for a beginner class. If you aren't used to working out, make sure you do a little light exercise between now and then to keep your muscles lose. It will help with the soreness. Also, drink lots of water, even on the days you aren't in class. It will help wash the lactic acid off your muscles.

Have a blast.

-Rob

Wow, 2 hours is a lot for a beginner class. If you aren't used to working out, make sure you do a little light exercise between now and then to keep your muscles lose. It will help with the soreness. Also, drink lots of water, even on the days you aren't in class. It will help wash the lactic acid off your muscles.

Have a blast.

-Rob

Thanks for the exercise tips and I will drink plenty too :)

The club has 3 venues and we do 2 hours on a Monday and 1 hour on a Thursday (mainly for pattern work) at our venue however I can go to the other venues if i want to at no extra cost so it seems all good to me.

Q) Is Chon-Ji The first pattern that takes you from White to Yellow belt ?

Cheers

Ian

There are a few things I would suggest to do before going to your classes. First thing is to do some stretching at home. That will warm your muscles up and make you feel a little more nimber.
Second I recommend hydrating yourself a good hour before you train. That means drink a lot of water, but drink it at least an hour or at the least a half hour before you train...gatorade is good too, I like to drink water and then a little gatorade before and then a bottle of gatorade after depending on how physical the class was.
Third, I would suggest eating something like a banana or another fruit before you train. Again dont eat right before, just like the water eat it a half hour before, just something light.
And after the class do some stretching as well. The will help your muscles relax and will help prevent lactaid acid from building up.
Finally go have fun!

Thanks for the exercise tips and I will drink plenty too :)

The club has 3 venues and we do 2 hours on a Monday and 1 hour on a Thursday (mainly for pattern work) at our venue however I can go to the other venues if i want to at no extra cost so it seems all good to me.

Q) Is Chon-Ji The first pattern that takes you from White to Yellow belt ?

Cheers

Ian

Not in the BTCB it isnt. Thats an ITF pattern.

You can find WTF poomse information here.

One thing I forgot to add in the beginning of this thread: Buy a notebook and when you return home and are resting make notes of what you learned...You will be surprized how much you recall..It will be a help later on down the road, well it was for me anyway...

DRAC is right keep a notebook.

I have one that I review occasionally just to make sure that I have not developed bad habits and I also update it when I have gained further knowledge.

If I had to offer a suggestion it would be that there is a reason that they tie a white belt around your waist. It stands for being Innocent or having a lack of knowledge. You will be expected to make make mistakes, be a little goofy and a little unsure of yourself its OK. It is a part of the learning process. Flexibility and endurance come in time.

Just do your best have a good time and the instructors will handle the rest.
Keep up the good work.

Latest Discussions

Back