Beer Fans?

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Enjoy, another good thing is that it only uses 2/3 of a cup of stout so you get to drink the rest. :drinkbeer There is a lady I work with who always brings in a beer dip. I have never made it but she told me how to make it one time and it is real simple. It is awesome with pretzles. :cheers:

cool, lots of smilies to go along with this thread.

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Beer Mop

For those of you who know true BBQ, not just grilling but it is good for grilling too. Here is a beer mop to mop on your favorite red meats.

Just combine these ingredients plus whatever else fits your taste and warm it up and mop it on as you BBQ

12 oz of your favorite beer
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup corn oil
1/2 medium onion chopped fine
2 garlic cloves minced - I just smash 'em
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
between 3 to 50 dashes of Toabsco sauce depending on taste
add your favorite seasonings

OP
P

pknox

But Guinness keeps popping up as well, so there is hope... ;)

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was a kid of 17 or so, I spent a summer canoe camping in Ontario's Lake Temagami region, and points north. One trip took us some 500 miles north, to one of the rivers emptying into James Bay. Although most of this area was pretty wild, there are roads traversing the region to the outposts and reservations scattered throughout the area. While finishing up a portage, we came across one of these roads, and, against all odds, a couple of guys in a truck on their back home. I forget the favor that we did for them (probably something like helping to move a deadfall) but I'll never forget how they pulled back the tarp to reveal several cases of Molson Golden ale. After an hour in one of Canada's northern lakes, those beers were pretty cold, and they tasted pretty good after several weeks of wilderness camping.

True story.

Anyway, the mention of Moson's sparked that memory - sorry if I wax poetic.

Best,

Steve Lamade

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Send Molsons a letter--maybe they'll use you in a commercial!

We have a recently revived local beer that went out of business decades ago. I've tried it, and am indifferent.

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by lhommedieu
When I was a kid of 17 or so, I spent a summer canoe camping in Ontario's Lake Temagami region, and points north. One trip took us some 500 miles north, to one of the rivers emptying into James Bay. Although most of this area was pretty wild, there are roads traversing the region to the outposts and reservations scattered throughout the area. While finishing up a portage, we came across one of these roads, and, against all odds, a couple of guys in a truck on their back home. I forget the favor that we did for them (probably something like helping to move a deadfall) but I'll never forget how they pulled back the tarp to reveal several cases of Molson Golden ale. After an hour in one of Canada's northern lakes, those beers were pretty cold, and they tasted pretty good after several weeks of wilderness camping.

True story.

Anyway, the mention of Moson's sparked that memory - sorry if I wax poetic.

Best,

Steve Lamade

I am sure you meant 21 *cough* yeah that's it *cough* 21. We don't want to support underage drinking or anything.;) Besides the people at Molson's would want it that way :D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Old Style
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Blatz
Meister Brau

Whatever I can get a 6pack for about a 1.99 for.

YAY BEER!

OP
P

pknox

Technopunk: I hear ya!

When I first went to college, I remember I was at a Thursday night party and had a brew called Olympia for the first time. I had never even seen it, so I thought it was some kind of exotic microbrew (I guess the fact that it tasted exactly how I guess stale monkey pee would didn't clue me in - granted, I wasn't too bright back then, either ;) ) - that first weekend, I saw a dumpster full of it - real exotic. :rolleyes:

I went to the liquor store a couple of weeks later, and saw that a case of Coke was $7, and a case of Olympia was $5.99. For 30 cans. Woohoo!

Latest Discussions