BBat50 says hello

BBat50

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I discovered the martial arts over the last five years. After half a lifetime of changing the channel if there was a fight on, I'm now watching on TV and going to see local MMA amateurs.

I blog about it. This week, I'm puzzling over the differences between kenpo & Muay Thai self defense. Stop by the blog and see if you can help me puzzle it out.

This is an intimidating forum based on the quality of the customizations of everyone's posts. I had thought that I was techie....

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Don't let the "customization" scare you off - most of us had lots of help from the staff when we started, to reach where we are today.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ignore all of that costumization stuff and just read and post.
Later on, try some of that stuff, but don't worry about it for now. This is a good forum, so welcome and enjoy!

AoG

Last edited:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!
icon6.gif

OP
B

BBat50

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the warm greetings.

Again, let me invite you to visit my blog and comment on my comparison of the two systems of self-defense.

Kenpo
Reference-point - haganah-derived, similar to jitsu

lemon_meringue

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello BBat50, welcome to MT :)

Had a quick look at your blog there. Now, I know very little about karate, so I can't really give you an informed opinion. However, as a martial artist I felt that the reference point techniques were far more effective, as they worked on taking the attacker off balance. They actually reminded me of some of my own ju-jitsu techniques. I'm sure someone who knows far more than me will give you a better answer!

I must say, it's a very good and comprehensive blog you've got there, especially with all the kata videos. The dedication to your art is commendable.

Latest Discussions