Barr: One blogger?s take on equality and Bob Barr

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
10-23-2008 11:57 AM
Tyrone Steels voted early and voted for Bob Barr and his reasons are compelling:

Today I stood in line in Lawrenceville, Georgia for 2 hours and 15 minutes to cast my early vote in Election ‘08. I’d seen and heard enough this presidential election season to last me the next three presidential election seasons. As I stood there in line, I thought about the issues, the controversies, the slop, the unreal, the surreal, the joy, the passion, the sadness, and the overall tone of the primaries and general election. So when it was my turn to fulfill my civic duty, I voted the way I always voted. I voted for Bob Barr for President of the United States.
[...]
one things stuck out about him and it was his answer about racism and inequality in the “Issues” section his official website:

The Declaration of Independence states that all men are created equal. Government should make no law that discriminates based on race, religion, sexuality or any other personal characteristic. Government laws should respect each person as an individual and treat them equally as such.

WOW! So simple. So sweet. When I went to Obama’s site, he had a lengthy 12-point plan type of response on that issue, while McCain had nothing. And when I started looking at Barr more closely, I really started to like the his simple and direct way of breaking the issues down. He made the Libertarian case very well. Of all the third-party candidates I have voted for in the past, Bob Barr is the most presidential.

Thanks for the support, Tyrone!

ShareThis

More...
8.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back