Balintawak DVD - David Hatch

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here seen David Hatch's Balintawak DVD set? Am considering checking it out and but would like to know more about it before I commit to purchasing.

Thanks

medic

White Belt
Reaction score
I talked to Guro Hatch before I purchased his first volume on basics. Being from NNG and the grouping methods he told me right away that some of our basics differ from theirs. After going through the dvd he is correct but still very informative nonetheless and I did pick up some things. That being said I was first exposed to balintawak through the Buot lineage at a seminar where Rich Parsons was one of the instructors, so I also had a chance to go " oh ya I remember being shown that"

Shaun

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I talked to Guro Hatch before I purchased his first volume on basics. Being from NNG and the grouping methods he told me right away that some of our basics differ from theirs. After going through the dvd he is correct but still very informative nonetheless and I did pick up some things. That being said I was first exposed to balintawak through the Buot lineage at a seminar where Rich Parsons was one of the instructors, so I also had a chance to go " oh ya I remember being shown that"

Shaun

Shaun,

I am glad you found someone to train with on a regular basis. :D

Thanks

medic

White Belt
Reaction score
I was fortunate Rich, that I ended up finding an instructor only about 1 to 1 1/2 hours away depending on traffic. It took a lot of digging to find him and then a couple of meetings to see if he would train myself and an associate of mine. He was friends with and trained with GM Gaabucayan in the Philippines. Hoping to get the time off though to get to the 60th get together.

Shaun

DrBarber

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here seen David Hatch's Balintawak DVD set? Am considering checking it out and but would like to know more about it before I commit to purchasing.

Thanks

I've seen the DVDs and they are well done in terms of content, clarity and approach. One of my associates has adapted the Hatch/Buot approach to fit herself.

Respectfully,

Jerome Barber, Ed. D.

Latest Discussions