awareness

R

raccoon

Sorry people, the bulk of this post is quite unrelated to MA. I guess I will attempt to justify posting here by saying that self defense always starts with awareness... so please be aware, because I don't care how many black belts you hold, it's pretty powerless in face of drugs...

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rape Drug Warnings
>A woman at Gastown nightclub on Saturday night was taken by 5 men who, according to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before dumping her naked at Neutral Bay. Unable to remember the events of the evening, tests later confirmed the repeat rapes along with traces of rohypnol in her blood. Boyfriends, take heed. Good guys out there, please forward this message to your lady friends. Progesterex, is essentially a small sterilization pill. The drug is now being used by rapists at parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. Progesterex is available to vets to sterilize large animals. Rumor has it that the Progesterex is being used together with Rohypnol, the date rape drug. As with Rohypnol, all they have to do is drop it into the girl's drink. The girl can't remember a thing the next morning, of all that had taken place the night before. Progesterex, which dissolves in drinks just as easily, is such that the victim doesn't conceive from the rape and the r! apist needn't worry about having a paternity test identifying him months later. The drug's affects AREN'T TEMPORARY. Progesterex was designed to sterilize horses. Any female that takes it WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. The crooks can get this drug from anyone who is in the vet school of any university. It's that easy, and Progesterex is about to break out big on Campuses everywhere. Believe it or not, there is even a site on the internet telling people how to use it.

>Moe Mahjoub Quarmby Lab Department of Biological Sciences Simon

>Fraser University 8888 University Drive Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6

>[email protected] Tel: (604) 291 4598 Fax: (604) 291 3496
------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP
R

raccoon

I've send the previous msg out to different boards and people I know. I just got corrected about a few things; here is an apology from me, and some amendments:

Let's seperate the truth from the fiction:

Truth:

Rohypnol (http://www.4woman.gov/faq/rohypnol.htm)

Fiction:

Progesterex (http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/progesterex.html)

Sorry again for the "fiction" message, but I still hope people will spend some times to bring awareness about date rape drugs. And I learnt to research better before I post next time ;-)

-raccoon

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. You don't have to apologize for anything. We need people like you to make us aware of things like this. We all have to look out for each other in this world.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Although the progesterex thing is fake, there are several drugs that are common rape drugs.

If a woman suspects a drug — such as GHB or Rohypnol — was used in an assault, it is important to get tested for it within four to eight hours, 12 hours for urine tests. It leaves the system very rapidly.

Good ideas:
Be wary about accepting drinks from anyone you don't know well or long enough to trust. · If you are accepting a drink, make sure it's from an unopened container and that you open it yourself.

Don't put your drink down and leave it unattended, even to go to the restroom.

Notify other females you know about the effects of this dangerous drug.

If you think that you have been a victim, notify the authorities immediately.

If you see someone who looks drunk but hasn't had a lot of alcohol, they may be a victim of a rape drug. please take appropriate action.