Autobond kick

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a quick question are thier two different kinds of autobond kicks, I was at another school that does it two different ways but call it the same kick... I thought the Autobond was turncounter clockwise and follow with the round house kick... Is this not correct... because I was told it was wrong, and my kids use it @ tournaments all the time and are able to score with this manuver.... Thanks in advance... God Bless America

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of "autobond" kicks. As in the German "autobahn" highway?

There's a 360 round house. That's when you turn toward your back, so the leg that was in front, after the turn, kicks from the back. That is clockwise.

So if this autobond kick is counterclockwise, the back leg steps forward to turn on, normally we do that for a 360 sidekick. But you are doing a round kick with it? That would be hitting the same side as 360 round. Not much maneuvering room and not as much power. Sounds better to do it with the 360 round kick so you can bring your back leg up around instead of through the middle on the inside. ??? Am I getting this right?

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
As per Master's Sung Chul Whang, Jun Chul Whang, and Han Won Lee,
Narabam, sometimes referred to as a reverse 360 rndhs or spinning rndhs kick is a step kick combination. The basic idea is a reverse step toward the target followed quickly with a back leg roundhouse. The tricks of this kick are in the footwork, the way distance is controlled and the amount of power produced by the leg interaction (kind of a leverage thing).

Latest Discussions