Asking for a prayer tonight....

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Today has just been one of those days.
I have just learnt that one of my best mates was in a rock climbing accident on Wednesday. What actually happened no one is really sure - but he fell at least 5 meters and landed with a sickening thud.
He has spinal and neck injuries as a result - fortunatley not cord damage.
The thing is 10 years ago this bloke, who has a heart of gold, was hit by a car and only in the past couple of years has actually been able to "fully" heal (although i do not believe you fully heal from such things).
The reason i've only just learnt is because the family wanted to keep it quiet until the full extent of the injuries was known - which i think is fully fair.

So tonight before you drift to sleep can you please say a prayer for my friend. I don't care if your Christian, Jewish, Muslim or something else - he needs all the positive karma he can get at the moment.

I thank you in advance.......

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Positive feelings winging their way across the Atlantic for the healing of an unfortunate soul who sounds like he deserves better.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry to hear of your friends accident. He will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted on his condition.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lord God Almighty,

You knew this man by name before he was born, and You alone are able to help him in this situation. Please heal him, strengthen him, and bring him and his family your peace. Please remind them that You are always with them, guiding, upholding, encouraging, holding a future and hope for them in Your hands.

Please give wisdom and guidance to the doctors and care-givers in this situation. Let them see Your hand at work and give you the thanks and honor.

Encourage his friends and family members. Draw his family closer together. Remind them that there are folks all over the world praying in agreement together for them. Remind them also that You know them by name and understand their pain, and that You are the friend who sticks closer than a brother, their very present Help in trouble.

Not because we are good, but because we know that You are good, we ask,

In Jesus's name,
Amen.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As a fellow climber I too shall add my own thoughts and prayers for his recovery. He is fortunate indeed not to have cord injury.
Prayers and thoughts go to you as well for caring enough of your friend. You are indeed a gem in a pile of rocks

OP
T

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wish to thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts across the past few days.

Fortunately my friend was discharged yesterday after they were finally able to perform the MRI. It showed no severe structural damage so their was no need for surgury.

So now he's at home - where i'm sure his recovery will be 10 times faster.... plus you can never keep a good climber down!!

Again, thanks everyone.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish to thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts across the past few days.

Fortunately my friend was discharged yesterday after they were finally able to perform the MRI. It showed no severe structural damage so their was no need for surgury.

So now he's at home - where i'm sure his recovery will be 10 times faster.... plus you can never keep a good climber down!!

Again, thanks everyone.

I just read this...

Sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm really glad to hear that he's on the road to recovery.

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I didnt' see the original post, but you and your freind are on my own prayer list for continued good news and recovery over the long haul!

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Again, thanks everyone.

Oh, thank God! I was wondering how he was doing. That's wonderful news.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also didn't see the original post, I'm glad he's doing so well and will remember him, and his good friend, in my prayers. :asian: