Arlovski vs Silvia

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see him landing his shot, knocking him down, going in for the finish and leaving himself open cause he was thinking he had the win before he did.

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
I see him landing his shot, knocking him down, going in for the finish and leaving himself open cause he was thinking he had the win before he did.

No doubt. Got caught going in for the kill.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man I wish that had played out differently. Having won your last 6 fights or so all in the first round puts pressure on you to go for the kill....stupid mistake. Arlovski is the better fighter, but as they say, anything can happen.

7sm

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Leading with the chin is never a good idea.
Arlovski is the better fighter but at any given time things unexpected happen

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the entire fight, but caught the tail end when I got home from work. I thought for sure that Arlovski had the win, and was surprised to see Silvia recover and get the win. I'm sure there will be a rematch in the future.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmmmm, I saw a guy get hit and go down, and keep enough of himself together to keep his feet inbetween him and the other guy. I also saw Silvia stand up as soon as possible even though he was partial exposed. It is not the easiest to hit a moving target as spectators and watchers think. ;) I also saw Silvia hit with I though a nice shot to the chin and then hit Arlovski again before he could get up. He did not place his head away from the other guy. The second shot slowed Arlovski even more and then Silvia fell on him and just punched until he won.

Lots of lessons to learn in there, for me at least. :)

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Removed due to copyright violations... :(

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grenadier said:
Removed due to copyright violations... :(

I was wondering if that was the case. As it has not been released to video or public viewing yet.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
if you do a search on google you can see the fight.
If you watch the slow-mo replays closely, especially the birds eye view.....you can see that silvia hits arlovski on the neck, right around the carotid sinus.....sleepy time.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This was the first time that I'd seen Arlovski fight. He sure is fast, for a heavy weight. I agree with the previous sentiments - he tried to fight Sylvia's game, and that turned out to be a mistake. I don't think standing is a reasonable way to try and beat Sylvia - it's far too likely he'll hit you, hard. And with Sylvia, it just takes one.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
That match ending was a freak accident. Arlovski is one of the best in the world and I have no doubt he will soon regain his heavyweight belt - lets just hope that Zuffa doesn't make him fight a bunch before he gets another title shot - he's clearly the best the UFC has.

Latest Discussions