Are you having a Windows 7 Party?

No self respecting nerd would have a Windows release party. If Windows ever gets discontinued you might see nerds having parties, but not for a release.

Of course with some well placed bleeps, Microsofts intentions seem a little different:

[yt]gyas7BrbUFY[/yt]

I'll hold a party when they make Internet Explorer 7 work on IE 7. I use way too much medical software that works via IE7 and not IE8, so as much as I like Win7, I ain't a-using it till this happens.

As far as I know, a whole ton of medical and financial IE-related software is in the same boat.

A party? for the release of software?

Well ... I *did* do a dance when our last Director of special education retired ....

Let me think, Am I having a Windows 7 party....hmmmm...I work in IT.....

XP is rather stable..... Vista sucks...... Windows 7 already has problems…. hmmmmmm

If I were doing anything at all based on the release of Windows 7 (and I am not doing anything) it would more likely be a wake.

I had the party when i found out I was getting it for free.

Are you having a Windows 7 Party?

Probably not. I'm still on a high from the Windows Chicago party I threw back in the day. That was a hum-dinger.

I have a buddy who’s been running Windows 7 for a while now and he throws some great parties….I wonder if the two are related??

A party where the only drinks likely are Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper? I'm guessing a healthy dose of sausage too. I'll pass.

And don't forget while you are at the Windows 7 party...make sure to download all new print drivers since it is likely none you currently use will work right...ESPECIALLY if you are going from XP to Windows 7

Enjoy the party.....

And don't forget while you are at the Windows 7 party...make sure to download all new print drivers since it is likely none you currently use will work right...ESPECIALLY if you are going from XP to Windows 7

Enjoy the party.....
Well... while everyone is downloading the drivers or tweaking Windows 7 you could set up this classic South Park Movie clip in a continuous loop on your television regarding Windows 98 and one Bill Gates:

... and the crowds in the movie theatres cheered.
:boing2:

... or showing my age - Daddy, tell us again about getting an UNRECOVERABLE APPLICATION ERROR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bearing in mind I live in the North York Moors surrounded by moors (obviously)training areas and fields etc it was very odd to see a solitary billboard stuck in a field advertising Microsoft Windows this morning!! It wasn't there yesterday!

Back