Are all these techs needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What is the deal with the personal attacks? No matter what cause you stand for, there is no honor and no point in making attacks personal. There is no honor in defending yourself against these personal attacks either. Leave it alone.

No matter how much I dislike the manner Kirk made his point, he still has a point. The issue of cross training and etc is a dead horse that has been beaten. For the most part we all know where we all stand and we should leave it at that. There have been some very well written posts on both sides and it is doubtful that there will be any more posts that may suddenly convince one side that the other is more right. Leave it alone.

This is a Kenpo forum so let's talk about Kenpo. Progression of the art and efficiency is a Kenpo subject, but it doesn't need to be spread into 1000 different threads. Keep this one alive and continue to beat the dead horse of efficiency and cross training in here so that if someone knew comes along and has questions about this particular subject they can be directed here.

Once again about the personal attacks: I've always felt that forums are the perfect place to develop a certain degree of camradarie with fellow artists and to share ideas through discussion. Most people that attend forums are interested in doing just that, however it is amazing that some don't realize that it isn't just WHAT is being said that is important and lends credibility to the statement, it is HOW it is said. Once you start attacking someone, no matter whether it is justified or not, you instantly lose that credibility. If you want your point of view considered then you must naturally conduct yourself with the highest level of honor and restraint.

Growing up, some one told me "Yell and you'll be ignored. Speak softly so that people have to make an effort to hear and your words will have an impact." I've always found this to be true.

OP
P

pineapple head

I started it, please ban monster please strike me! :rolleyes:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turner
What is the deal with the personal attacks? No matter what cause you stand for, there is no honor and no point in making attacks personal. There is no honor in defending yourself against these personal attacks either. Leave it alone.

No matter how much I dislike the manner Kirk made his point, he still has a point. The issue of cross training and etc is a dead horse that has been beaten. For the most part we all know where we all stand and we should leave it at that. There have been some very well written posts on both sides and it is doubtful that there will be any more posts that may suddenly convince one side that the other is more right. Leave it alone.

This is a Kenpo forum so let's talk about Kenpo. Progression of the art and efficiency is a Kenpo subject, but it doesn't need to be spread into 1000 different threads. Keep this one alive and continue to beat the dead horse of efficiency and cross training in here so that if someone knew comes along and has questions about this particular subject they can be directed here.

Once again about the personal attacks: I've always felt that forums are the perfect place to develop a certain degree of camradarie with fellow artists and to share ideas through discussion. Most people that attend forums are interested in doing just that, however it is amazing that some don't realize that it isn't just WHAT is being said that is important and lends credibility to the statement, it is HOW it is said. Once you start attacking someone, no matter whether it is justified or not, you instantly lose that credibility. If you want your point of view considered then you must naturally conduct yourself with the highest level of honor and restraint.

Growing up, some one told me "Yell and you'll be ignored. Speak softly so that people have to make an effort to hear and your words will have an impact." I've always found this to be true.
Sirs,
I for one think calling cross training a dead horse that should just go away is not going to preserve the "integrety" of Kenpo. You can close your eyes and hope it goes away but it won't. And finding some senior that will shake their head and say "we just don't get it" it not hard. The truth is you can never go home because you are home. "on the dirty blvd." Lou Reed . Rather than wishing we didn't exist perhaps someone could articulate why we are in fact wrong for a change.
Sean

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent post and a good effort. I concur whole heartedly.

Let this be the thread where the CrossTraining Kenpo guys dwell. And we can keep the conflict alive as TOD, Kirk, and to some extent myself, insist upon, while perhaps other threads can go towards things Kenpo?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At this point, I'm locking this thread. I think enough rounds have been exchanged by now.

If y'all want to discuss techniques, histories, lineages, seminares, add-ons, theory etc, please start a new thread.

If you want to discuss in a civil manner how cross training can be of benifit, please start a new thread.

If you want to discuss how everything you need can be found in its totallity in Kenpo, please start a new thread.

If ya want to discuss non-martial arts related stuff, please visit the 'locker room'.

If ya just wanna have a random BS session and chit-chat, please use the chat room.

Regardless of where you go, regardless of if you disagree or agree, keep it respectful.

To those who tried to steer this train wreck, thank you.

This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions