Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

A.R.K.

Point taken.

It has been quite a while since I've even looked at the KYHA website. I do not use the term Soke or Grandmaster. There is no reason for me to view it often. I know I'm listed on there, and I receive a newsletter periodically that lists new members.

But I would like your opinion on my post Martyn. What a secretary put on my listing months ago bears little on the various items I've discussed in detail above.

Thank you.

:asian:

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Reprobate
Dear mister Schultz,

From www.kyha.net:

Also, perhaps it would help if you and mister Craine wouldn't refer to mister Stern's crime as 'a mistake'. Mister Stern didn't mistakenly pin a Medal of Honor on his breast and forgot to remove the darn thing from his lapel when he went out for groceries. Mister Stern admitted in public to purposely acquire a MoH in order to commit fraudulent acts. And he didn't do this fifty years ago, but less than ten years ago. Since he is now 70+ that would make him 60+ at the time of the fraud he committed, an age when one should know better.

Best wishes,

At the time that he did it I agree it was no mistake! But now 7-8 years later In my opinion it can be called a mistake, he admitted what he did and paid the price that the judicial system in the state of florida asked him to. There are always two sides to every story and much to contrary beleif the media dont always report all the facts, just what sells. Mr. Stern has paid his debt to society and is trying to help others now. As for him being acused of selling fraudalent certificates and rank, thats bull! to join the KYHA you must have a valid certificate in a style, and they merely recognize what you already have, its a fraternal organization not a political one.

OP
R

Reprobate

Mister Schultz,
Since you asked for my reply to your post:

Your questions:
Originally posted by A.R.K.
Who thinks an 8th Dan in 31 years of training is unreasonable?
I think that depends on the art in question.
Who thinks joining together instructors with practitioners for the purpose of testing with them is wrong?
Not wrong, but redundant. A student should test under his/her own teacher. If I'd receive a rank degree from someone who hasn't taught me, I'd feel deserving of this rank.
Who thinks it's wrong to ask the practitioner to send the test fee [which is small] to the charity of their choice instead of paying the instructor or us?
Well, as I think testing with your organization is redundant, I'd think someone should find their own charities and contribute to that charities. I do.
Who thinks it's wrong to have an invitation organization that promotes fellowship across discipline lines? An organization that charges nothing and promotes no one?
No, but what's the use of fellowship? If one is a proper martial artist, one is always open and friendly to other martial artists, whether they have joined a fellowship or not.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note

This thread is temporarily locked while the administration discusses the issue.

In the duration, please refrain from the discussion of A.R.K.

Thank you

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note:

This is an update.
ARK (David Schultz) is no longer a member here. Those wishing to continue the debate with him will please take it to those forums he does currently visit.

We strongly request that our members refrain from reigniting these issues, as well as bringing up former members who are no longer here to answer for themselves.

This thread will remain locked.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions