Anyone see this Muay Thai (I think) vs Street Fighting

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It just occurred to me after I posted- what relevance does my martial background really matter when it comes to 'fighting' and whatever you mean by it. Every fight I've been in, the other never used kicks. And by fight I mean they were mugging me. When you remove the timeframe which allows for sparring (which sparring always adds to the equation, even if its one step) on the street, in a FIGHT, there is no time for calculation, counter. You might be lucky to see the attack coming, and then you better be prepared to do what you can to survive. I often consider martial arts an art like painting- it is beautiful. I love Bagua, but when I'm mugged, it's krav maga I resort to now, everytime, because I know it works. Plus I'm overly agressive, which kinda of ties together well with the epistemology of krav maga. Sorry for the tangent.

You'll notice most 'fights' be it with civilian or martial artist, tends to devolve to where the artist can't even use their art. They can defend themselves, and put the other in the hospital... hopefully.
Alex, under normal circumstances the martial background is not overly relevant as long as there is a rational exchange of views. In you case is is extremely relevant as you continually post opinion that is contrary to most of the training most of the more highly regarded MAs on this forum have experienced. That is not to say what you post is wrong necessarily but you must be able to explain why your opinion should be considered. On top of that you post a video that you claim was full of amazing attacks and defenses when in fact it just looked like two junior green belts having a bit of fun. When you put the evidence like that in front of us, of course we are going to be critical because to be honest it was rubbish. If you sparred like that in one of my gradings from green belt up I would fail your grading.

Then, you talk as if you have the level of experience we should all respect. There is nothing wrong with that as long as the advice you are offering is sound. When highly ranked practitioners of the same style question your statements you ignore them. Then you propose ideas like, you can learn a style in a month to the level you can teach it. As a result you have absolutely zero credibility on this forum. If you read what was posted in reply to your posts or even if you posed questions rather than making outlandish statements you would get a feel for the forum and you might even learn something. It's the old story, you have come to the forum with a full cup.

I would like to know your background in KM. how long did you study it, who was your teacher and how long did you train it? :asian:

Zenjael

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You need to tell me which one first. Be warned though, I'm a man of my word XD. Please God choose the TKD gi, it's a lightweight as opposed to the other which is heavy, so maybe my chinese girlfriend can make something edible out of it? I recall from my history courses silk was invented accidentally as a by product while trying to cook coccoons for a new food to eat (like most things in history, it's just a theory). I have a lot of black belts in a case, I've earned variously from training. Which one from which style would you prefer?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to tell me which one first. Be warned though, I'm a man of my word XD. Please God choose the TKD gi, it's a lightweight as opposed to the other which is heavy, so maybe my chinese girlfriend can make something edible out of it? I recall from my history courses silk was invented accidentally as a by product while trying to cook coccoons for a new food to eat (like most things in history, it's just a theory). I have a lot of black belts in a case, I've earned variously from training. Which one from which style would you prefer?

Thought you were a Buddhist atheist?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Most history is just a theory? You sure you're getting a college education in history, not folk tales?

Which belt? Whichever is your highest ranking(3rd level black, yes?) would be appropriate. It would allow you to internalize your oft repeated lessons. How does epistymology taste? Like cotton, with a canvas center.

Zenjael

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thought you were a Buddhist atheist?

Apologies if I offended anybody who was Xtian with that remark; I also say by thor, by the gods, ye gods, by deus, among others. Ionno, I find it funny. I'm weird like that. To me, if there is a god than consider it synonymous with reality, nothing more or less. Hard to get a lotta ritual and religion outta that. I'm loathe to ritual for rituals sake.

Most history is just a theory? You sure you're getting a college education in history, not folk tales?

All history is a theory. My prof from cambridge this semester alone who is teaching the evolution of emotions through history seems to enjoy repeating it weekly. I am currently involved with a research project at GMU looking into the nuraghe civ, and so far our findings have been incredible. History is always changing, and there are so many gaps to be filled. We have a half arsed guess, at best, as to our actual history.

But as it is a scholarly field (even majoring in it, I feel it should be taught less as a factual subject, and more as a literary) this means people's careers, and livelihood are dependent on the field. Hence why you'll see many thesis papers, and most get washed out because the theory is just dead wrong. There are new fields emerging as well. The history of emotion is one. Anything you learned about the Egyptians or Hittites, or Nuraghe is thanks to the last 50 years. Imagine how different it'll be in another 50.

Which belt? Whichever is your highest ranking(3rd level black, yes?) would be appropriate. It would allow you to internalize your oft repeated lessons. How does epistymology taste? Like cotton, with a canvas center.

I mean the black belt with a ceremonial red stripe might at least look tastier.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Eat the heavyweight and one of your 3rd degree black belts.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions