Anyone read bulletin boards?

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, I have fliers for my karate class posted at the grocery store, library, and local park.
I asked the librarian if anyone had glanced at it, and she said that she has never seen anyone ever look at the bulletin board. The flier at the park has little rip off tabs with my number and website, but no tabs have been removed.
I told my wife and she says that she has never looked at a bulletin board anywhere and I have come to the conclusion that the majority of people don't. Maybe I am nosy, but I like looking at the business cards with misspellings, ads for couches for sale, and the occasional flier for a karate school.
Does anyone here take the time to look at bulletin boards or even take business cards off of them?

AoG

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
not me. i haven't had any luck with local bulletin boards.

now, when i was still in college i had some luck with those.

but yeah, bulletin board fliers don't work unless you have somebody on site to point them out to people.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I check them out somtimes. I didn't think of it before your questions, but I just might start pulling a tab or two to make the person with the posting feel better about the potential interest in their item.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I glance at them if something catches my eye, (which is rarely). So perhaps you could spice up your flyer with a photo or catchy headline or something. Something to draw attention to it and make people want to see what it is.

Latest Discussions