Anyone heard of?....

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never heard of having one converted, although I guess anything's possible. I do know that Luger did make a .45 at one time. They chambered it in .45 in order to submit it to the U.S. as a possible weapon for military issue. Unfortunately (for Luger) the U.S. decided to go with the 1911.

OP

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
I've never heard of having one converted, although I guess anything's possible. I do know that Luger did make a .45 at one time. They chambered it in .45 in order to submit it to the U.S. as a possible weapon for military issue. Unfortunately (for Luger) the U.S. decided to go with the 1911.
If memory serves me correctly;

Yes, pre WWII, the US military was looking over the many possible handguns. In accordance with military requirements back then, two working guns had to be sumitted by any manufacturer looking for the production contract.

One was to be subjected to so many harsh tests, that it will be destroyed.

The other, went back to the manufacturer/designer with a approval or dispproval.

Mr Luger had two .45 (Lugers). One was destroyed during the harsh tests. The other suervived and is now in the hands of a serious firearms collected. Valued very high, no doubt.

Did you know that the 1911 was a John Browning design, bought by Colt?

Latest Discussions