Any one heard of these guys?

mib2112

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, they are former students of Sigung Vincent Cabias, of the Shaolin Lohan school in St. Louis Missouri (http://www.shaolinkungfu.org/). They are teaching out of the Apex Training Center, last I knew.

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did they broke away from their teacher, before becoming recognized Shifu in that art, and founded another art? There is nothing about either people listed on the Nine Dragon Pai becoming certified by their previous instructor.

They are listed as being advanced students on their teachers page. Nothing about becoming Shifu nor performing Bai Shi.

What is up with them using Jiulongpai?

It is rather similar to Jiulong Baguazhang.

Not trying to badmouth anyone who is legit, but it seems a little strange.

mib2112

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So did they broke away from their teacher, before becoming recognized Shifu in that art, and founded another art? There is nothing about either people listed on the Nine Dragon Pai becoming certified by their previous instructor.

What is up with them using Jiulongpai?

It is rather similar to Jiulong Baguazhang.

Something is amis I think.

Sorry mate, I only know of them, not the whole story. I haven't talked to any of those guys for a couple of years and have been busy trying to help my instructor keep our school afloat. I can drop them an email and ask for clarification if you like.

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
I dont need clarification, just strange that on your teachers page you are listed as advanced students and not Shifu, and now they broke away and mysteriously achieved Shifu rank.

If they were not given the rank, then why promote yourselves to the rank?

Young people who want to play the founding of a pai?

strange

Last edited:

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother Dale... Did you watch the videos?

Sent from my Thunderbolt on Tapatalk. Excuse the auto-correct spelling errors.

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
Watched the videos on the site.

Nothing to write home about.

I would have to say, Caveat Emptor if you want to train with them.

mib2112

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Not my school sir :) I know of them, but train at another school. Did a Chinese New Years festival a couple of years back with them, us doing Kung Fu and them doing Lion Dance.

I dont need clarification, just strange that on your teachers page you are listed as advanced students and not Shifu, and now they broke away and mysteriously achieved Shifu rank.

If they were not given the rank, then why promote yourselves to the rank?

Young people who want to play the founding of a pai?

strange

Latest Discussions