Any long term negative effects of training?

sgerhardt45

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey Geezer,

Are you using any dit da medicine after your bag work? Or perhaps taking something like zhen gui shen to offset the damage?

I agree with what was said about balance earlier in the thread, when you tear yourself down you need to make sure you do enough to build it back up.

Best,
Steve

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey Geezer,

Are you using any dit da medicine after your bag work? Or perhaps taking something like zhen gui shen to offset the damage?

I agree with what was said about balance earlier in the thread, when you tear yourself down you need to make sure you do enough to build it back up.

Best,
Steve

Thanks. Actually, I think using dit dat jow is probably a bunch of hokum. Still I do use it, rubbing it vigorously on my knuckles, or whatever area of my hands or arms I am stressing before and after working out on the wallbag or dummy. This is one practice I learned and retained from my first, brief exposure to WC (in the same system Vajramusti trains) before ending up in a different branch, also of Yip Man lineage. So far I've never used "zhen gui" or "bone-break medicine". Do you have personal experience with this remedy?

sgerhardt45

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Geezer,

I've used both zhen gui shen and "The Great Mender" style teapills in the past. Usually take a pretty small dose (2 pills/day vs recommended 8 for when you have injury.) In normal training it didn't do too much, but seemed to make a reasonable difference when doing more serious iron palm style training.

One of my sihing got to the point of doing iron palm against rocks and steel shot and he recommended taking a full dose when you got to that stage just because damage was inevitable.

Best,
~Steve

Latest Discussions