Any Lawyer-esque types out there that can answer a question for me?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can the Mortgage Company really forclose on my house because I am 10 days late with my payment?

Cuz I got a Letter from them today...

:D

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Can the Mortgage Company really forclose on my house because I am 10 days late with my payment?

Hi, Mortgage companies send those out and tell you to pay or they will.

That starts the legal proceding. As in a demand letter etc.

You have time and you will have to pay some more for late charges but don't let it go to long. It varies state to state.

Make sure when you do pay you get a receipt from them through the post office.

Regards, Gary

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or take the money in cash and go directly to their office with your sword... put the money on the president's desk so he'll see it, tie him up and then take his head. .... simple. It'll remind the next president NOT to mess with you by sending a stupid late notice... :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or send them this picture with a caption reading...

I dare you to send me another letter :D

bond1.jpg

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

If it is your first time and you did make the payment, although late, then they can't foreclose immediately. They can warn you though. It takes a few months of missed payments before the foreclosure occurs.

- Ceicei

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
If it is your first time and you did make the payment, although late, then they can't foreclose immediately. They can warn you though. It takes a few months of missed payments before the foreclosure occurs.

- Ceicei
Well, Ive been late a few times, always less than 30 days and I always pay what I owe PLUS the late fee if its past my grace period...

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nalia said:
Or send them this picture with a caption reading...

I dare you to send me another letter :D

bond1.jpg
That might work if they knew that was me... :)

Thanks, BTW, for taking that out of the Premium Club were EVERYONE could see it and decide I am a freak... :(

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Thanks, BTW, for taking that out of the Premium Club were EVERYONE could see it and decide I am a freak... :(
Didn't need the pic dude... we all just... knew, ya know? heh heh

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Weeeellllllll, you did use that pic as your avatar for a spell some time ago, didn't you? That was when "everyone" saw it before that pic showed up again in the premium club.

- Ceicei

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Weeeellllllll, you did use that pic as your avatar for a spell some time ago, didn't you? That was when "everyone" saw it before that pic showed up again in the premium club.

- Ceicei
Yeah, yeah! what she said... dude!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Well, Ive been late a few times, always less than 30 days and I always pay what I owe PLUS the late fee if its past my grace period...
It's still just a warning. As long as you do pay monthly, they won't do much more than bug you with these letters just for being late (and perhaps some phone calls... :rolleyes: ). Unfortunately, it does hurt your credit rating for paying late....

- Ceicei

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know I know, I wasnt that concerned about it... I was teasing.

if I was actually worried, since the pic is just hotlinked from my webspace, i would have changed the link.

No harm no foul...

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Unfortunately, it does hurt your credit rating for paying late....

- Ceicei
Oh, Like THAT could get any worse...

Whats a credit card, mommy?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you know you're gonna be late, it's always better if you let them know in advance (if that's at all possible) and explain the circumstances. Hopefully it's better than "I just really, really needed beer ... bad." Speak with someone on the phone first, get their name or operator number, write it down along with the date and time and number you called, and ask for a fax number to fax a written letter to confirm your conversation. In the letter, ask for a fax confirmation - you can also get one to automatically print from a fax, confirming transmission at least.

Then, when they bug you, you have something to send them - your note which recounts the conversation and the printed facsimile transmission proof.

Now ... try to catch up, dude. Selling your sword helps, but it's not enuf. Sell a bunch of crap.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
If you know you're gonna be late, it's always better if you let them know in advance (if that's at all possible) and explain the circumstances. Hopefully it's better than "I just really, really needed beer ... bad." Speak with someone on the phone first, get their name or operator number, write it down along with the date and time and number you called, and ask for a fax number to fax a written letter to confirm your conversation. In the letter, ask for a fax confirmation - you can also get one to automatically print from a fax, confirming transmission at least.

Then, when they bug you, you have something to send them - your note which recounts the conversation and the printed facsimile transmission proof.

Now ... try to catch up, dude. Selling your sword helps, but it's not enuf. Sell a bunch of crap.
No, thats plenty.

I'm only behind because I used last months mortgage money to pay for my broken furnace. I've almost caught up by eliminating my "play" money, ala the cash I keep for things like food, beer, gas, etc... but my work paycheck schedule is off from my Bills.

If'in I sell the Sword, I can catch up, and have enough left in the bank to pay AHEAD of the bills, prior to the next paycheck from the office, as opposed to BEHIND them. I think. Well, Im pretty sure... probably.

So, in theory its all good. Almost.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mayhap a second job to (temporarily) get you back on track. That way you don't lose your sword.

Just a thought. :D

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
No, thats plenty.

I'm only behind because I used last months mortgage money to pay for my broken furnace. I've almost caught up by eliminating my "play" money, ala the cash I keep for things like food, beer, gas, etc... but my work paycheck schedule is off from my Bills.

If'in I sell the Sword, I can catch up, and have enough left in the bank to pay AHEAD of the bills, prior to the next paycheck from the office, as opposed to BEHIND them. I think. Well, Im pretty sure... probably.

So, in theory its all good. Almost.

How will you keep your job as a professional ninja assassin without your sword? :confused: