any great associations

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a quick question for all of you, are there any good association left that will promote and certified you without all the red tape that has becomethe norm in Tae Kwon Do. I'm located in Texas and I know about AAU and USTU, we currently participate in both organizations, but as a school we are tried of the red tape with all of the organazation out there. God Bless America and thanks for your responses.............

M

Mike_TKD

I don't really understand what you mean by "red-tape" but I do know of an organization called the USTW (United States TKD Won) there a non profit organization and there creed is to birng the traditional aspects of TKD back to TKD.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well mike thanks for the info I'll look them up, what I mean is organizations that try to run your school and want nothing except mony for this or monies for that. I don't agree with having to gease someones hand everytime you would like to get something done God Bless America

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, Terry, buts thats pretty much become the nature of the beast these days. You may be able to still find a kwan run by some demanding old curmudgeon but the trade-off will be that you will do things exactly his way and no excuses. Most Americans can't hack that any better than the organizations that substitute money for expectancies. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bruce, Thanks for your reply! I guess I just do not wish for my three son's to have to be brought up in an era where the whole mitty dollars can buy you a certificate as long as you obey there every command.just as a tidbit my son passed his 1St poom test over 8 months ago and the instructor will not issues his certification, except we join some other organization or program he is running, so in my opion way do they test if they will not issue what he has been striving for 7 years now. He just turned 10 years old and would like to compete in the junior Olympics and since I refuse to join this supposily club of his he will not issue the certification. I can always turn it over to an attorney or the president of his organization but what will that do for him now!!!! nothing so I figure i would find another association that would keep there respect so my son can get certified so he can attend the junior olympic trails if he so desire's, so I know you need to be a 4th kukkiwon certified or AAU or USTU but I'm only a thrid from my father who tought in the military old school certificate back then we did'nt have all thes rules if you knew the material you got your certificate. Now day's to get somewhere you need to be with the in crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless America and your family

M

Mike_TKD

terryl965 said:
Well mike thanks for the info I'll look them up, what I mean is organizations that try to run your school and want nothing except mony for this or monies for that. I don't agree with having to gease someones hand everytime you would like to get something done God Bless America
Yeah USTW definetly isnt red tag, the first thing they mention is that the instructor runs the school the way he wants too.

D

Disco

Terry, check PM's. Look closely at the USTW. Most of the people running it were USTU members and left before the you know what hit the fan. Their fees are about the same as the Kukkiwon's. To me the AAU fee's are way to high and the USTU is, well the USTU. Good luck

:asian:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Disco said:
Terry, check PM's. Look closely at the USTW. Most of the people running it were USTU members and left before the you know what hit the fan. Their fees are about the same as the Kukkiwon's. To me the AAU fee's are way to high and the USTU is, well the USTU. Good luck

:asian:
Disco thanks for the info I hope that info will be beneficial for me and my students Thanks and God Bless you and America

M

Mike_TKD

Wasnt there recently a conspiricey about the USTU as to where the testing fees were going?

Latest Discussions