Another newbie

InkedT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just joined the forum today after eading a ton of threads I found really helpful. I haven't start training in martial arts yet. I'm still looking at schools and deciding what I'm interested in. I posted a thread about that already. I look forward to learning from all of you and sharing ideas. So far from what I've read this is a great place to gain some insight and direction. Thanks

Athelus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Experiment with as many styles as you think are interesting, then choose one and go train for at least 6 months. At 6 months you'll by no means have a full understanding of the art but you will certainly know whether or not the art has what your looking for.

~Stewart

OP
I

InkedT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I plan on looking into different styles, but right now I'm most interested in Bujinkan Ninjutsu. I mentioned in my other thread in Beginners Corner about a couple of other options that would be more sidelines in addition to the Ninjutsu. I'm going to try it for a few months then i'll know if I want to stick to it or try something new. The Ninjutsu school lets new students try for a week, then join. So that's promising. Thanks for the advice.

OP
I

InkedT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thhanks for the wlecomes. Seems I'm going to have to delay the start of my training as I have a rotatorcuff injury. I'm going to doctor this week to get it checked out. Hopefully it's not more serious and will only take a couple of weeks to heal.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. As Athelus said, pick one art to begin with, training in multiple systems, particularly in the beginning, is not really a good idea. Plenty of threads here about that. Of course, any questions, just ask away!

OP
I

InkedT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I've decided to just stick to Ninjutsu. Try it out for a few months and see what I think about it. It looks like alot of fun and I like the tradition and history behind it as well.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey welcome to MT :) Can you say what your handle Inked T refers to or is it a secret? I am curious. Montreal is a wonderful place. Hope the heatwave is finally over for you, phew :) Jenna

OP
I

InkedT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey. The T refers to my name, Tristan and the inked refers to tattoos. I'm inked, I'm Tristan (but most of my friends call me T) so I'm InkedT.
The heatwave has been over for a little while now. It's rainy and getting chilly now. :( Not fun.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome..